Chapter Nineteen- Bridesmaid's dress shopping

"What do you think of this dress?" Holly asked as she came out of the fitting room, wearing a gold gown, not wanting to wear white, as she knew it's what Sophia would wear. Brooke and Kara ooed at it while wearing their bridesmaids dresses. Kara had to have hers let out due to the pregnancy. Brooke and Holly we're drinking the free champagne Kara was the only one not drinking and they wondered why but didn't pry. 

"That one is nice, but are you sure you don't want to wear white or at least an off white?" Kara asked as taking a sip of water. She was back in LA for a long weekend and staying at Holly's once again, as her car was back in London and Holly always agreed to drive her as a thank you for being her Maid of honor.

"No. I always thought that once I get married, that I would go nonrational." She said as she looked at herself in the minor. She had been trying on dress for hours now and had tired on the white ones for shits and giggles, but she had a feeling this one was the one. "But that was when I thought I'd marry George Clooney." She teased.

Brooke, their other college looked at her in amazement. Never seeing her look so princess like before. "I think this is an amazing. It's very you and more." She walked over to Holly, looking into the mirror with her before turning back to Kara "Kara, do you like it, too?"

Kara nodding and stood up, "Yes. It's absolutely stunning on you. You should wear it." She said, taking a carrot out of her bag and taking a bite.

Brooke caught that and shook her head. "Kara, darling. You know they don't allow you to eat in the store."

Kara rolled her eyes and put it away. She never liked Brooke. She was Holly's one nightstand after she and Kara broke up and before Holly started dating Sophia. She had no idea that they remined friends and didn't understand why she was even in the wedding party. But for Holly's big day, she would put up with her.Holly looked over at Kara, she knew that Kara was expecting, but the topic just hadn't come up, but she was happy for her friend. "Don't worry, honey. We'll be getting dinner here in a minute. And this is the dress for sure." She smiled, looking at it in the mirror one last time before going into the changing room and changing back into her normal clothes.

Kara and Brooke did the same. All three ladies went to the counter and paid for their dress separately and walked out to Holly's car and put their dresses in the truck. They then got into the car. Brooke in the backseat, Kara in the passenger seat, and Holly starting up the car. "So, where do we all want to go to eat?"

"Well, I'm a Vegan as you both know, so lets all go to Pine." Brooke said, being the stereotypical  joke, 'how do you know someone is a Vegan'

Holly turned to Kara, "That ok with you?"

Kara shrugged, she didn't really care where she ate, she just needed food in her soon. "I'm good with anything at this point." She said, letting Brooke have this one, too. Knowing that Holly wouldn't let anything else go down at the wedding without her say so. Brooke didn't have any control.Brooke smiled and they drove down from Burbank to Silverlake near where Kara lived with Gerald. The free was backed up as it always was at this time of day. Not one of the things she missed at all about living in LA. She sang along to Holly's playlist, doing their own version of the Late Late show's carpool karaoke.