Mind Games

Wake up

One bright fluorescent light seemed to cover the whole ceiling, shining down into her eyes as they slowly peeled themselves open.

Gideon groaned, her head foggy and eyelids heavy as she slowly returned to consciousness. Her limbs were stiff and aching, her mouth as dry as sand. There was an invisible weight pressing down on her chest, straining her lungs whenever she tried to suck in a deep breath.

She was laying back, though she wasn't on the floor. Her arms and legs were strapped tightly down by thick metal cuffs, her head resting back on a small headrest that wasn't the least bit comfortable.

Slowly she picked up her head, blinking the heavy fog out of her eyes. She was tucked into a small room, facing the small door less opening that led to a wide, metallic hallway. One Stormtrooper stood guard, but she could see as others periodically walk by.

From what Gideon could tell, she was in the containment wing. There was another room across the wall from her, empty, the same restraining apparatus situated in the center of the room.

"Good. You're awake." The muddled, altered sound of Kylo Ren's voice chilled Gideon's senses, causing her to rest her head back down against the headrest. How long had he been there, watching her?

"What.." she swallowed in an attempt to bring some moisture to her dry throat, "What happened?"

She put it more like a demand, trying to hide her foggy confusion as the haziness slowly started to lift from her mind.

"Welcome to the First Order." He simply said, walking up to the front of the room to get the attention of the Stormtrooper standing guard, "Leave us."

Gideon was confused as to why she was still somehow alive, or why Kylo hadn't tried to kill her the moment she opened her eyes.

Then, the events leading up to her being knocked unconscious slowly came back to her. She looked to Kylo, her expression unchanging as she watched him carefully.

"This changes things." He explained, slowly circling the captain, "Knowing your real identity. I'm impressed by how easily you were able to hide it from the First Order."

Gideon kept her eyes trained on him, feeling powerless to defend herself while she was strapped down. All she had was her words to use against him, which even then was a terrible idea.

"It's not just you I'm hiding it from." The woman answered, her voice quieter than she'd like it to be.

"It really makes me wonder what else you're hiding." Ren continued, ignoring her as he paced the floor. His hands were clenched into fists at his sides, straight and rigid as he conducted the interrogation of his sister

"I know how this is going to go." Gideon explained, "Despite if it's true or not, I'm going to tell you I don't know anything. You'll get pissed and probably-"

He backhanded her across the face. Gideon's head snapped to the side, pain radiating across her jaw, tingling up the flesh of her cheek into into her cheekbone. Black dots temporarily danced around in the corners of her vision, her brain felt like it was being shoved around in her skull.

"Do that?" He was pleased with himself, "You're on my ship, Oswald. We're going to do things my way, now."

Gideon blinked several times to focus her eyes on him. She didn't get why he was acting like this, when the last time they spoke she was so close to reaching her brother.

He took her quiet as an answer.

"You were the one who warned the Resistance that we were coming, is that correct?" He started with something they both knew the answer to, testing the waters to see how the rest of this was going to go.