Good to See You Again

Han Solo and Chewbacca stared at the young captain in disbelief, saying nothing as she climbed out of the grate.

"It's been awhile." She added, trying to hide the smile that played on her lips. Gideon hadn't seen her father since she ran away from home, and even then he'd come and go for months at a time. She was a teenager the last time they really had a conversation.

"Dalia." Han said quietly, still not believing his eyes. He tucked his blaster back into its respective holster, his eyes not leaving his daughter's. She was different since the last time he saw her, weathered by years of being on her own. However, her eyes still held the sweet, curious look of his little girl.

"You've grown up."

Gideon let out a small laugh, "Had to happen sometime."

Han looked to her friends, who were watching the reunion from the grate with eyes widened and mouth agape, "Who are they? How'd you find this ship? Who's the pilot?"

"I'm the pilot." Rey and Gideon said at the same time. The scavenger exchanged a look with the captain, obviously curious about her relationship with the man in front of them, "We're the only ones on board."

Chewbacca looked to Han, "Where did they get our ship?"

"Niima Outpost." Rey answered quickly, climbing out of the grate.

"You can understand that thing?" Finn asked as he climbed out, eyeing the Wookie suspiciously.

Gideon nudged Finn in the arm, "He can understand you, too. Be nice."

"Jakku." Han looked to Rey and Gideon with a roll of his eyes, "That junkyard? See, Chewie, I told you we should have checked the Western regions. Who had it?"

"We stole it." Rey answered, "From Unkar Plutt. He stole it from the Irving Boys who stole it from Dukane, who-"

"Who stole it from me." Han interjected, "Well you can tell Unkar that Han Solo stealing back the Millennium Falcon. For good."

Rey looked to Gideon, "This is the Millennium Falcon?" Her eyes excitedly went to Han's, "Your Han Solo?!"

Han looked around the worn and beaten ship, turning away to look at the rest of his former home. Briefly he looked to Gideon, almost disappointed to see her there.

"I used to be." He sighed, disappearing down the hall. Gideon's eyes fell, a thick guilt starting to eat away at her. Instinctively her arm wrapped around her side, her bandages damp from sweat and the water she cleaned the wound with. The wound throbbed in beat with her heart as she slowly started to walk after her father.

"Han Solo, the war General?" Finn asked, looking to Chewbacca for the answer.

"No, Han Solo, the smuggler." Rey rolled her eyes, "Didn't you make the Kessel Run in fourteen parsecs?"

Gideon cringed at the misinformation, knowing how proud her father still was at that accomplishment.

"Twelve!" He called back matter-of-factly.

"Wasn't he a war hero?" Finn asked, looking to Gideon.

The woman shrugged, "You could say that."

Rey approached the captain with narrowed eyes, "Is Han Solo your father?"

"Have you been lying to us?" Finn added into the line of questions, copying Rey's interrogative look.

Gideon pinched the bridge of her nose, sending a brief resigned look to her Uncle Chewie. She knew the moment she saw Dameron on the First Order StarDestroyer she was going to be roped back into this.