Buzzing Around

Caitlin and Cisco walk in the next morning being greeted by donuts and coffee from Felicity. Cisco digs in. Caitlin carefully grabs a chocolate donut, trying not to get her fingers bitten off by Cisco. Barry and Joe walk in to tell them about a new case. Joe immediately runs over to the donuts, ignoring all comments from Cisco about cop and donut stereotypes.

"A woman was attacked inside her car last night." Barry explains.

"Inside?" Cisco asks.

"That's what I said." Barry responds.

Cisco and Caitlin both roll their eyes. Barry shows them a picture of what the woman looks like and hands Caitlin a sample of what they found in the wounds. "They were all the same type of wound." Barry tells her.

She goes into her lab to look closer at it. Felicity follows. "He's just as cheerful as he was yesterday." Felicity comments.

"You're telling me." Caitlin says, remembering the look he gave her at the restaurant last night. She looks over the sample and waits for the substance to register on her computer before walking back in.

"It's apitoxin." She announces.

"Honeybee venom?" Felicity asks.

Barry walks over to her, grabbing the rest of the sample from her. "You're telling me she was stung to death? What did a whole hive get in her car?"

"You tell me. Was there a hive in her car?" She asks.

"No."

"Then no. A whole hive did not get in her car." She snarks and walks over to Cisco.

"It had to be bees." Cisco says, his eyes wide. "I hate bees. Ain't nobody got time for bees." Caitlin rubs his back and chuckles at his reaction.

Barry looks at them. "So, what? Meta attack?" He asks.

"Or a very vengeful beekeeper." Felicity comments, earning a glare from Barry. "Sorry." She mouths.

"The woman worked at Mercury Labs. You might consider going and talking to Dr. McGee again." Caitlin suggests.

"We'll get on that." Joe says, following Barry who has already started walking out.

"You don't happen to have any happy pills, do you?" Felicity asks, turning to Caitlin.

"Sadly, no." She laughs. They start doing some research on the woman who was killed while Cisco and Ray go back to work on his suit.

Barry and Joe come back later to fill the team in. The woman who was murdered seemed like a lost lead until they mentioned bees. Apparently, an ex-employee of Mercury Labs, Brie Larvan, was working on a type of controllable mechanical bee. She attempted to weaponize them before Dr. McGee fired her and stripped her of the project.

"That explains the bees and lack of evidence. But why that woman?" Caitlin asks.

"Apparently she was the one who ratted out Larvan." Joe explains.

"Well, if McGee fired her, I imagine she'll be the next target." Caitlin says.

Barry nods. "We offered a security detail, but she refused. Said we didn't do a great job last time we promised to protect something of hers." He rolls his eyes.

"Can't blame her. Scientists are known for being stubborn." Wells interjects, wheeling into the cortex.

"Among many things." Barry mumbles. Caitlin catches it and looks at him out of the corner of her eye. "McGee gave us one of Larvan's bees. Can we use it?"