Pt 5

Y/N POV:

Once Licht said that Hina's expression changed. "I look for so long, I look everywhere to find you, to find the ace," she said, with her eyes sparkling with tears.

I tried to read Licht's mind, but it was empty. That's strange

Licht sigh, "how about this, I give you this doll as an exchange," he said, throwing a little version of his gero-gero stuff bear to Hina.

Hina's tears run down her face, as she looks up at Licht with a look of disbelief "M-my mom said, that I just need to find the ace," she said, wiping her tears up, as it continues to pour down her face even more.

"I'm not the only ace lurking around here, you should find another ace instead," He said, with a cold tone of voice.

I can't believe that guy, why would he say that to Hina...

As he jumps up, completely disappearing from the scene, I run towards Hina, who was dumb-founded. Her eyes show nothing but betrayal.

"Hina, are you alright?" I ask, she looks at me, "w-who are you?" she asks, I was not surprised tho, that she doesn't recognize me, since I was wearing one of Licht's masks.

"it's me, Y/N," I said, "your that waitress in that mobile bar stand," she said.

I help her stood up, "did he really leave?" She said, looking at me, with her eyes teary again.

"yeah, it seems he did," my voice was low. "Hina, can you go on your own? is it ok if I leave you walking alone for a moment?" I said to her, she nods.

As I parted ways with her, I watch her walking towards the mobile bar stand, with a lifeless expression.

I teleported my way to where Licht went off to, wherever it was, I use my X-stray vision ability, to see through the walls that were in my way until I finally found a figure that I recognized.

I teleported, again, but now I did it to Licht's location.

Licht's POV:

I walked, not knowing where to go, I just wanted to get as far away as possible from Y/N, and from Nana. I don't put any burden on them, and I don't want to put Y/N in danger.

As I continue on my journey something or, maybe someone appeared in from of me, stopping me from my track. I look carefully, knowing this person might be trouble, I figured it was girl, because of the body structure, but who?

Once I get a look at her I figure out. It was Y/N.

Suddenly, a punch made it's way to my face, a strong punch. I clench on my throbbing cheeks, and look at Y/N, "why did you punch me for?" I look at her, with my hand still holding my cheek, that is now swollen.

"you deserve it, after all, Hina has been through, you just gonna steal her belonging, say all those bullshit's to her, and then leave her!" She yelled at me, with every anger poured into her words.

I laugh. She's so considerate and sympathetic it's kinda cute, "Listen Y/N, I didn't steal her ballot, and I didn't say all those things to hurt her feelings." I walk closer to her, while she just looks at me with her brows furrowed. "There's a reason I did all those things,".

She crossed her arms, "let's hear it," she said, still not breaking our eye contact, "what?" I look at her in confusion, " your reason, come on, spill," I shrugged my shoulder. "the ballot, that 'I' stole, I hid it inside the gero-gero stuff bear, I did that so the military thinks that I have it," I said. "you see, it's very illegal to own a ballot, criminals all over the country will come after you, and militaries will sure do the same. And the word of me, the 'ace' being alive will sure spread sooner or later," I continued.

She raised a brow, "Me, and the other Ace's including Nana will be chased by the military. I didn't want to cause any of you trouble, and I don't want to put you at risk, I just want you to be safe," She suddenly rolled her eyes, which is new, and put one of her hands on my shoulder.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me Licht. I can protect myself, I don't need you or your power, my power is enough to secure myself from any troublesome danger," Her eyes were filled with so much truth, as she said those words to me, I suddenly had serendipity. "If this is what you want to do, I won't stand in your way, do you," she said, then disappear into thin air.

Those words repeat in my head, causing my mind to woolgather, but my thoughts got interrupted by a familiar, feminine voice, and I also notice my count went up.

-998

Y/N POV:

Once I heard Licht's side, I teleported to Nana and Hina, who seems to not be with her, "Nana, where's Hina?" I ask her, she jumps from my sudden existence, " she went looking for Licht," She said.

I had a thought, why is Licht so determined to protect me. Is it because he thinks of me as a vulnerable little girl? is that it?.

"what's bothering you?" Nana looks at me in concern. I guess she saw right through me. "it's just, why is it so hard for Licht to believe that I'm actually more powerful than he thinks. him acting protective belittles me, it makes me think that I'm imagining all the power I actually have," I said, clenching my fist into a ball.

Nana gave me a small chuckle and then spoke, "I think you'll find the solution to your answer soon enough, besides, I have in no position to tell you what his real motives are, all I know is that he's doing it for your sake, that all," she said, then gave me a sweet, cheeky smile.

I sat on one of the chairs and lay my head on the table, and sigh deeply. Nana said in front of me, "Y/N, it's not that I don't want to tell you, I think Licht should be the one telling it to you, in person," She pats my head to comfort me. " don't let it bother you," she stood up and then went inside the mobile bar stand, just to come back with two bottles of beer.

"Wanna join me for a drink?" I smiled at her, and then nod.

TO BE CONTINUED

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

˚✧₊⁎❝᷀ົཽ≀ˍ̮ ❝᷀ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚ I hope, whoever is reading liked it... Ti'll next time 🙃🙃🙃