Last Day

Ally replayed her friends reaction in her mind. The way their smiles turned to frowns, and dry eyes turned to red ones. They understood, but that didn't make it easier. Ally looked at herself, she didn't recognize who she saw in the mirror.

She was closing tonight at the pool for the last time with Normani. She was leaving on Friday. She had five more days left of Hawaii. Dwayne had told Ally he wanted her to enjoy her last days with he parents before she left for school. She was gonna stay with her Tia in Texas.

Ally looked at her phone. She had been doing that a lot lately. She'd look at her phone and think about texting Dinah, but then the ache in her heart would remind her why they are not together. Why she wasn't in her arms. Ally wipes her face as she freshens up before she rides her bike to the pool.

-

Dinah was waxing her board before she heard her phone ringing. It was Normani. "Hello?"

"Hey DJ, I need a favor." Normani voice sounded low and hoarse. "Um sure what's up?"

"Can you close tonight? I caught something skinny dipping with Lauren last night, I think it was too cold last night."

Dinah chuckles, "Sure, I'll close for you, feel better Mani."

"Thanks bitch, love you MUAH."

"Love you too bye." Dinah hangs up the phone, and puts her tools down. She goes inside.

Dinah gets into her kitchen and gets her bag ready. "Going to the pool guppy?" Dwayne asks as she enters the kitchen.

Dinah nods, "Yeah Mani called in sick."

"Well Ally is working today, it'll be her last day before she takes her break." Dwayne says as he makes his muscle shake.

Dinah nods, she figured Ally was gonna take a mini vacation or something. "That'll be no problem."
-

Getting to work, Ally gets ready in the locker room. She was putting lotion over her body as she waited for Normani to walk in the bathroom and complain how she hates working on Sunday's, because 'Even God took a day off.'

Hearing the door open, Ally chuckles, "Before you start, I hope you know God doesn't like you using him as a way to get out of working."

"Good thing I already talked to him before I got here then."

Ally felt her soul leave her body as she recognize that voice and sees Dinah behind her. "Sorry didn't mean to spook you," Dinah says calmly and goes to her locker, "Normani called in so we will be working together today."

Ally forgot how to speak and just nods, and goes to her locker to put her stuff up. Dinah felt awkward, they hadn't talked since the fight and she didn't know how she was gonna work the next five hours with her.

Quickly putting her stuff away, Ally closes her locked and goes outside to work. Dinah sighs and closes her locker too, "This is gonna be a long day."

-

The first to two hours felt like a year, Ally had done everything to avoid talking to Dinah, and Dinah did her best to leave her ex alone. It was a hot day, and Dinah was in the shade. She notices Ally wiping her head a lot and she realizes she didn't have an umbrella. Dinah looks at Ally harder, and sees her shoulder's that were slowly turning red.

Dinah decides to suck it up and grabs an umbrella for Ally, and a cold water bottle.

Ally notices Dinah coming up to her but doesn't say anything. She doesn't acknowledge her until she feels Dinah begins her, and all of a sudden she doesn't feel the suns harsh rays on her skin anymore.