Chapter 52: Checking In

(Liam) 

Sophia is an EXCELLENT housewife! I mean I knew she would be great, but she's just better than I thought. She cooks every meal without me asking. She does all the laundry without me asking. She takes care of the babies so that when I wake up or when I go to hold them they're all set and they're in cheerful perky moods from clean diapers and full tummies. She keeps the house neat, as she's OCD about our nice house looking trashy. I ask her if it's all too much and she says "I don't work do I? You work hard to keep this nice life and I just wanna make it nicer." I love her so much. 

I woke up to the sound of Sophia talking to someone on the phone, and she sounded a little displeased. "Not now. Please. I look so bad I mean I'm so fat-"

"YOU'RE NOT FAAAAAT!!!" I yelled down the stairs. She's far from it. 

"Thanks Liam." She said quickly to me then went back on her phonecall. "Listen Zoe I can PAY for your 'wasted gas'! I don't want you coming over yet you can come in like an hour! I look like crap! Liam just woke up and the house looks so bad I just- Well then!" I heard the front door open then Sophia spoke again. "Hi Zoey. Welcome to our new home." 

"Thanks for the warm welcome sis!" She said sarcastically. "I miss you!!!" 

"I miss you too! Sorry the house is-"

"Shut up! It's gorgeous!! How are these little ones?!" Sophia must have been holding the twins because Zoey talked in that weird tone people use when they talk to babies, whilst Sophia was talking as if she hadn't slept for months, which I bet she hasn't with all the cooking and cleaning and mothering she's been doing. 

I decided to get dressed and go upstairs. I went and pulled some jeans on over my boxers and put a T-Shirt on and went downstairs. I went to Sophia and Zoey who were now sitting on the couch with Zoey holding Rachel and Sophia holding Austin. I went and blew my children kisses nad Rachel whined for me. Zoey angrily gave her up. "No fair I never see her!" We laughed. 

"So any news?" Sophia smiled at Zoey. 

"No not really I guess. Just one thing."

We both looked at her. 

"I have a boyfriend."

Sophia nearly squealed in joy. "Ahhhhh!!!! What's his name??!! How long have you been seeing eachother??!!"

Zoey and I laughed and said in unison: "Calm down Sophia!!!"

Then Zoey spoke. "His name is Steven Carmichael. We've been seeing eachother for 2 weeks."

"How come I haven't been told?!" Sophia asked. 

"You haven't called. And you didn't even want me to come over."

"Whatever!" They've still got that same sibling rivalry Sophia described for me from when they were little. It's always the same. They fight but you can tell they still love eachother. Austin and Rachel are going to be like that.