Chapter Fifteen

15

The knocking kept going, and I whimpered. Cameron shushed me and held me tight.

"Just stay quiet," he whispered. I nodded and curled up to him. We sat in the corner, away from the door so they couldn't see us through the peep hole.

"It's just me and Jake, hon, open up," I heard my Mom say, "we just want to talk to you and apologize for not being there for you."

"Get back, we don't want them seeing you!" I heard Jake whisper. Wow, they were really bad at this...

At this point, though, I was scared. This was the real thing, as soon as they got through the door, they'd take me away...

Tricking me into getting in the car wouldn't have worked, Cameron wouldn't have allowed it anyway.

It's just scary,

Knowing that I have to be literally dragged somewhere,

This is what I've always been afraid of...

Being taken away.

"We should check the lobby again, maybe they're down there or we got the wrong hotel number," I heard a male voice say, probably one of the police men.

"Yeah, let's go check." I heard Jake say, and we heard footsteps walk away.

I heard Cameron sigh, "I should've never told them where we were staying..." He muttered, and squeezed me for reassurance, just to know I was still there.

He dialed a number, and put his phone up to his ear.

"Where are you?" He asked, and I guessed he was talking to Matthew.

"Okay, yeah, just when you come, make sure my Mom, Jake, or the police don't see you." He hung up after that, than looked me in the eye.

"Okay, we have a plan to get you out of here," he said, and I nodded frantically, "I just talked to Matthew and he's almost here. He's going to come up here and get us to make sure they're not here, and then we're going to get in his car and go to his place. We can't take Mom's car, they'll find us that way."

I never thought I'd be in this situation, let alone think that it would ever be this serious.

"Look, if they take you, I won't be able to see you, for a very, very long time. They're going to take you somewhere, and just the thought of you being there..." he sighed, and shook his head, and his eyes started to get glossy.

"You're not going there. Ever." He said, sounding a bit choked up, "they don't get it, they just don't get it."

We heard knocks on the door, and Cameron got up. "Stay there," he said, "just in case it's them."

He walked over to the door, and looked through the peep hole. He sighed, and quickly unlocked the door, and Matthew practically ran in. Cam shut the door.

"Dude what the hell's going on?!" Matt yelled, "I drove away then I have you calling me practically yelling over the phone about your mom and Jake taking Anna away and---"

"My Mom and Jake are here," Cameron explained, "they're here with these three men in white suits from the freaking hospital or something, and their here to take her away." Cameron walked over to Matthew, and hit his hands on his shoulder, "If they take her, I'll never be able to see her again, and neither will you." He said sternly.

"Then let's get out of here," Matt said, "where's Anna?"

Cam pointed to the corner I was in, and I stood up.

"Alright, let's go already!" Cameron said, and held my hand tight. We were about to walk out the door, when we heard voices. They were back.

"Dude, I thought you said they weren't in the lobby!" Cameron yelled at Matt,