Chapter Twelve

There may or may not be a double update today...

You never know ;)

-

12

"Hey Anna!" my best friend Caroline called.

"Hi!" I said. "Ready to go to lunch?"

"Yup!" She said, popping the 'p'. We went to lunch, talking about things that made us laugh on the way in there.

We sat down at a table, greeting my other best friend, Maggie.

"Hey guys!" She smiled,

"Hey!" Me and Caroline both said at the same time.

We sat down at a table. I didn't like 8th grade that year, but it was better with Caroline and Maggie.

We've been friends for years, ever since I can remember. We were going to be out of school in a few weeks.

I used to have a lot more friends, but they all left.

Caroline and Maggie stayed by my side,

And I was grateful.

It was just the three of us at a table, but we didn't care, we had each other to talk to.

We were having a great time, talking about our plans for the weekend. We were going to have a sleepover, as a mini celebration to school ending in two weeks.

"Okay, I have it all planned," Caroline said, "first, we're going to---"

"Hey Maggie!" Someone shouted. Kian.

He began walking over. He was the most popular 8th grade boy in the grade, and we hated him. He's the reason why all of our other friends left.

"Look what Anna sent me," Kian said, showing her a video. She gasped.

It was a video of her singing.

Awhile ago, me and Caroline dared her to send us a video of her singing, since we knew she was a good singer, and she did. She was amazing! Then, her voice cracked. We all laughed, even Maggie, and she sent it to us, but made us promise not to show anyone. We just kept it because it made us laugh, and also because she truly was talented.

"She told me I should post it, but I decided to be nice..." Kian laughed. I was so mad.

I never sent it to him!

"How could you?" Maggie looked at me with disgust. "You promised!"

"I didn't send it to anyone! I swear!" I said, "you have to believe me, please."

"Then why did it come from your number?" He asked, once again showing it to Maggie. She shed a tear.

"You know, Anna," she said, wiping the tear, "I now know why everyone else left."

She looked away.

"And, this may be a bad time..." Kian trailed off, "but, Anna told me Caroline..."

"Told you what?" She asked,

"She told me, about how you changed your grade in the computer, and now everyone knows...including Mrs.Wheeler..." he trailed off.

"You...you..." she glared at me through gritted teeth.

You see, Caroline's teacher, Mrs.Wheeler, put in the wrong grade for her essay. Caroline tried to explain that on her paper it said "95" not "65", but Mrs.Wheeler wouldn't buy it, she thought that Caroline had changed it, even Caroline's mom couldn't convince her. She took measures into her own hands, and when Mrs.Wheeler left the room, she changed her grade.