Chapter 3

Mom refused to talk to me, Sophia said she was upset because she didn't get to plan my wedding, she hasn't even met the woman that I was going to marry, funny things are I haven't met her either. I knew I hurt my mother, she always wanted to see me married and happy. Ever mother wanted that for her child or children happy. I hope she understands, her marriage is an arranged marriage. I am doing this for the business and her marriage was for business too.

I was currently in the conference room with my dad and my lawyer. Dad hasn't objected to this agreement but I knew that he isn't happy either. He knows that this will be good for business but at the same time he's angry that I took this root. That never liked the idea of being forces into something you didn't want to do and even if the idea of marrying someone I knew nothing about didn't appeal to me, I saw an opportunity and I took it and I don't regret it.

"Mr knight, the parks are on their way up " Ms. Carlong announced

"Thank you Ms.Carlong, you may go back to work" and with that, she took her to leave.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, I will be meeting my future wife for the first time and has they say first impressions count.

"Son," my father said, I looked at him

"Yes father "

"Good luck " and has those two words left his mouth the door opened.

Mr. Parks was the first to enter, my father and I stand up to greet them, his wife followed shortly after.

"Good morning Mr. Parks, I hope your flight went well"

"As well as it can be; where are my manners? This is my beautiful wife Catherine Parks " He said

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, you have told me so many things about you "

"All good things I hope "

"Of course, I wouldn't have expected to hear anything bad about such a wonderful woman like yourself, " I said and that causes Catherine to laugh.

"And I won't keep you waiting, cause we both know we're not the one you want to meet, " Mr. Parks said, and his wife giggled

"Oh yes, I'm sorry for the delay, Rebecca will be on her way shortly," Mrs. Parks said

We all sat down and then I heard footsteps approaching. The door opened and the person that was there took my breath away.

Rebecca was even more beautiful than in the picture. Her honey brown hair was tied in a bun at the back of her head, she looked like she had on minimal makeup, she was in skin fitted black dress that put emphasis on her curves, it stopped mid-thigh and I let my eyes wonder down her beautiful tall brown leg. She was beautiful and I couldn't deny that I was attracted to her. She walked towards me, I looked straight into her eyes and I was trapped in those beautiful light brown eyes. I always thought brown was plain but hers was anything but plain.

"You much be Marcus Knight, nice to meet you," she said politely; her British accent thick, and gave me a tight smile and I knew that she wasn't happy that she was being married off to a complete stranger, then again who would be?

After thirty minutes everything was done and finalized, the wedding will be happening in one week, the families will be officially meeting each other in three days. Rebecca was silent the whole time, her father was the one who did everything and made every decision and that's when I noticed that Rebecca had no say in the matter and I felt kinda guilty but I reminded myself that I was doing this for the business, the business that my all into, this was just a minor sacrifice and I am willing to make that sacrifice.