Dance Dance

Today we're in an empty classroom because Snape has something to tell our whole house.

"I wonder what it is?" I hear Malfoy say from behind me.

We've been talking more recently. Not in public obviously, but he would stay up till everyone was out of the common room or a drag me into broom closet's to talk between classes.

"I don't know." I respond still looking forward.

Then all of a sudden Snape walks in. He explains how there's gonna be a ball and how we have to have dates and blah, blah, blah...

I got bored so me and Malfoy kept talking till we were rudely interrupted.

"Miss Stoneshire, mr Malfoy, since you have both decided not to listen, that must mean that you know what your doing so why don't you demonstrate." Snape says a bit pissed off as the rest of the class is laughing their asses off.

As we walk up to the middle of the room but I can see the look on my voicemail. And I can tell he doesn't want to be seen with me in public let alone have to dance with me. It kind of hurts though because for some messed up reason I still want his validation.

We stand there with his grey eyes looking into my (e/c) ones until Snape says-

"Mr. Malfoy I trust you know how to do this so put your hands on her waist." He says almost pushing him on me.

The class then starts to erupt in another fit of laughter and giggles as he puts his hands on my hips and I let out a little squeak. And don't get me started on pansy and Astoria practically crying in the corner.

"Sorry." He says softly to me.

"Don't apologize you've done nothing wrong." He looks calmed by my words as the music starts.

We start dancing and it's all fine as we just stare at each other. Not a creepy way, but almost peaceful.

That isn't a Blaise Zabini decides to whistle and say-

"Wait ago Malfoy!" I can feel him tense up at the words

And I know why. He talks about it sometimes when we meet up. He says he doesn't want anybody to know about us being friends because he doesn't want anyone to tell his dad.

His father has strict believes and makes Draco have them too. He says his father wants him to be the perfect Malfoy heir, but he isn't. and his dad doesn't like that. Draco has lost opportunities for friends, relationships, and basically just a happy life to make his father proud. But he isn't. And it hurts him.

So just to be seen in public with me could make his father angry. And I can tell that scares him.

I look at him with a look that says "do it" and he gives me a sympathetic look understanding what I mean.

" shut up Zabini, I'd rather make out with a troll then be here with this mudblood right now!" He says loudly as the music stops. We break apart, class is dismissed and I walk away.