K I S S

Chapter 24:

       Let's just say I hate Umbridge. With an intense passion and rage.

     "DETENTION MR. POTTER!" She screams and we all look a little shocked.

     The rest off that day was just classes and waiting for Harry to come out of detention.

     But when he did I didn't even get to see him because I had to go to the Slytherin common room.

    It's really late now. Around 3am and no one is in here except for me.

   "(Y/n)?" I hear his voice call.

   "Draco?"

    "Ya, what are you doing up?"

    "I could ask you the same question." I said laughing a little.

     "I just couldn't sleep, what about you?" He says sitting down and leaning his head on my shoulder.

      "I guess I'm just not used to being back. Don't get me wrong I love it here, but it's all just a little traumatic." I explain, laying my head softly on his, looking into the fire.

       After a while of just sitting there he grabs my hand and holds it.

     "Do you think he's in a better place?" I ask.

     "He's one of those people where if he wasn't in a better place the angels would riot."

     "Sometimes I think things like 'if I died would I be able to see him?'." I say as a tear rolls slowly down my skin, being illuminated by the fire light.

    "Please don't take this the wrong way but, why haven't you?"

   "I think of my friends, and how it would affect them. How I would be selfish to cause them that kind of pain. I- I also think of you."

   "(Y/n)?" He says out of no where.

   "Ya?" I ask confused now sitting up a few inches away from him.

   "Can i kiss you?" He asks softly, leaning in a bit. Which takes me by surprise. Causing me to take a sharp breath.

   "Yes." I say almost un audibly.

    And next thing I know his lips are on mine. Draco has always given me an intense and demanding vibe, but this was different. It's sweet and soft.

    He brings his hand slowly to my cheek, caressing it softly with his thumb. While I bring mine to the back of his neck, slightly playing with his hair.

    He is soft yet eager. Like this is something he has been waiting to do, but he still wants it to be meaningful.

   I think I've wanted this to happen since I've met him but it never really fully registered in my brain.

    We gently pull away and lean are foreheads together.

    "Y/n, I really like you. And I know you might not be ready, or willing to deal with me, but I can't hold it in any longer. Your the only person to ever make me feel normal, or loved and I can't keep sitting here pretending." He says slightly shaking, tears threatening to spill.

    I understand why though. Him liking someone like me, a Muggle-Born, is probably the worst thing he could ever do. It could ruin his family's name, and could cause him to be disowned, beaten, and kicked out of his home.

   So saying this is a big risk. Wanting to be with me, or even near me is a risk. Yet he's still sitting here in front of me, spilling his heart out.

    "Draco-" I say and he looks up at me.

    "I really like you too, but-"

    "But?!?" He says sadly a few tears dropping.

    "You need to think of yourself and what this could do to you."

    "I don't care about that, I want you. I need you. Your the only thing keeping me stable." He says the tears now finally flowing. Which alarms me. I don't see him cry very often over things not family related.

   "Hey, hey, it's ok, I'm not going to leave you, because like it or not I need you too." I say pulling him into tight hug.

    "We should probably go to bed, it's late." He says pulling away after a few seconds.

   "Ya probably." I say standing up and helping him do the same.

    "Hey y/n." He says before I can walk away.

    "Ya-" I say only to be cut of by his lips once again meeting mine.

    "Goodnight." He says pulling away.

    "Goodnight." I respond and head towards my room, only to look back and see a smile and a blush on his face.

    Once I get in my room I lay down on my bed trying not to wake pansy or Astoria, who are both sound asleep. I can feel my body calming as I fall asleep with a slight smile on my face.