Glossy eyes

It's a few days later in the great Hall for breakfast and I'm sitting with Hermione at the Gryffindor table, when the owls came in with the mail. A matte black letter is dropped right in front of Malfoy.

      Even from halfway across the room I could see all the color drain right out of his face.

        I stare at him for a second trying to see if the letter was good or bad, but after seeing his eyes start to gloss up after reading it and then him running out of the great Hall my questions are answered.

       I wait a second then run after him to the astronomy tower. It's our usual meet up spot.

     Once I get up the stairs I see him sitting against the wall letting out loud sobs.

     "Mal- draco." I say softly and he looks up at me.

    "That pugfaced bitch wrote to my father about how I got caught talking to you. And he's pissed. He said I need to start acting like a Malfoy or I shouldn't be one at all." He explains practically yelling with tears streaming down his cheeks.

     "Hey it will be ok, you can yell at me in the halls and during meals and then maybe she write to him about that."I say wiping his tears.

     "Why are you so nice to me, you let me be horrible to you, it doesn't make sense. You should hate me." He says, his tone getting softer in the process.

    "I should hate you but I can't."

    "Why not?"

    "If I'm being honest, I'm not completely sure."

    "Oh ok, well I need to go, I'll talk to you later ok." He says heading down the stairs.