Chapter One | First Day

I'm Ella Jones. And my life officially starts today. This very morning.

I heard the tweeting of my phone aka the alarm. I moaned. I'm excited for my first day of high school but summer will be missed.

I yawned like a princess and jumped like a ninja in front of my wardrobe. I picked out some light-wash skinny jeans and a baby pink sweater with cut-outs on the elbow. I wore nude flats and kept my makeup simple along with my long brown hair: wavy and pinned back with bobby pins.

I waddled downstairs to see my younger sister, Faith, making a mess with her Lucky Charms cereal.

There was milk splattered on the marble countertops and she was only eating the delicious marshmallows.

"Ugh, Faith. Can you for once not be a messy slob?" I groaned. "Thank you!" Faith smiled, taking it as a compliment. She has been doing that lately. If someone says something mean to her, she thanks them and I find that weird.

"And I'm an eight year old! I can't help if I'm so short that I spill the milk! And if you be mean, I'm telling mommy!" And that is when Faith acts realistic and doesn't thank me. I smiled in relief and threw up a banana and took it on the way to school.

Two of my best friends, Sky and Paisley, are supposed to take me to school. Well, originally Sky was just gonna ride with Paisley but I didn't wanna ride the bus on the first day so Paisley offered me a ride too in her blue car.

Beep beep! I heard Paisley honking her horn. "Hurry up, loser! We are freshmen now and if we're gonna be late, it at least has to be fashionably late!" She yelled. I giggled and ran out the door with my book bag and the banana.

"Get in loser, we're going to school!" Sky yelled, trying to act like Regina George from Mean Girls, I mean what human being hasn't seen Mean Girls?

I hopped in the back because Paisley and Sky were in the front and Paisley was driving.

"You look very extra terrestrial, Pais." I smiled as I looked at her outfit. Paisley is very daring with her style. On the first day of school she is wearing: Chestnut brown leather skirt, fuzzy white sweater, maroon vest, red lipstick, sparkly white eyeshadow that almost drips down to the mid-cheek (but it looks so cool), and three inch silver heels. I could never pull that off at school, but Paisley is like a fashion wizard.

"Why thank you. You look like a very stylish version of Barbie." She complimented? Wait, was that a compliment or an insult?

"Okay so after school, we invited Annie and Chloe and obviously you and we are going to grab some milkshakes at The Podium. Wanna join?" Sky asked.

The Podium is an amazing restaurant and their milkshakes are a-may-zing.

"Yeah sure." I replied. Paisley turned up the Taylor Swift music so loud, my eardrums almost popped.

"God, Pais. Can you turn that down?!" Sky shouted. "No, it's my favorite song!" Paisley smiled as she drove in the sunrise.

I swear Arizona could hear that music, it was all the way up. I could feel the car pouncing and people from the other side of the road were staring at us. And the car windows weren't down so yay me.

I had to deal with the torture until we pulled up to the one and only, Calbrook High School. It was the size of a kingdom and the walls were made of rocks and stones and it even had a mini waterfall on the outside.

"Okay, this year will be awesome!" Paisley screeched and she attempted walking through the corridor in her heels.

Paisley, Sky, and I admired the beautiful building. We've never seen a school so glamorous before.