Chapter Twelve | Oh My... Why Life?

The past few days I could just forget all the crap that has been blinking in my mind for hours, days, weeks, and months.

Being at home, even though I was in pain, was surprisingly relaxing and I feel that I needed the time off from the pointless gossip that spreads around school like a deadly virus.

Sky texted me and said this exactly: THERE IS THE CUTEST NEW BOY IN SCHOOL! OH MY GOD HE IS SO DREAMY! HE HAS GYM WITH YOU!

And that made me feel awkward. Me, Ryder, new cute boy, Allie and her minions all in the same class? That won't mix.

I texted back: Great, now the devil wears prada. Allie is gonna be the one who has gold surrounding her, she will get to stare at a new boy's butt for hours and Ryder will torture me, that'll be awesome!

Sky immediately replied: You can stare at his butt too, and he's single 😏.

I responded one last time: That makes it much better. Allie is gonna steal the show in minutes, you do realize that?

I locked my phone so Sky couldn't text back. I'm done with school, I'm done with friends and boys, and pretty much- I'm just done with life.

"Honey bunny, wake up, it's sunny!" My mom ruffled my comforter because today is the day I go back to school because I have recovered.

I groaned as she yanked off my comforter, causing my bare legs to freeze like I'm in Antarctica.

"Get up, sleeping beauty!" She kissed my forehead and finally decided to skip out the door. My mom is definitely an early bird, she wakes up at like four in the morning and I wake up at like twelve PM on weekends, but I have to rise at six AM on weekdays.

I shouldn't have stayed up a long time last night, but I couldn't sleep after being out for days and then thinking about Ryder the night before school.

I plopped up. Great; I have the worst classes and history is today too.

I slumped over to my wardrobe and rummaged through pounds and pounds of dresses and outfits and just gave up.

"Mom, can't go to school- having a clothing disaster! Sorry, going to bed again!" I jumped on my bed and tumbled into the comforter.

"I'll make a deal with you. If you go to school, I'll let you wear the Nessi shirt that you've always wanted to wear. But, if you stain it or anything- I will ground you for years." My mom leaned against the wall and my eyes went wider than ever.

"Really?! Yes! Thanks mom!" I ran to give her a hug. Everyone will be jealous when they see my mom's vintage shirt with a $1,000 price range.

My mom carefully handed it to me and I admired it- it was white and sheer and very popular, gold sequins cuffed around the neckline and it was just to die for. I matched it with a cream skirt that I barely wear and a statement necklace and some bohemian sandals that matched the gold.

I left my hair down and flowing and put on gold eyeshadow to pair with the gold and eyeliner, mascara, and a baby pink lipgloss.

"Ready freddy!" I walked in front of my mom. "You look great, honey, but you look like you're going to a party- that makeup is unacceptable for school." She bit her lip and stared at me.

"Are you serious? I look appropriate and completely fine. Don't ruin my life." I mumbled. I begged and begged until my mom said okay.

She always gives in- I don't look inappropriate, I just look more dressed up than usual- but it's perfect since I have gym today and we are just writing a fitness essay so I can still look great while staring at the new boy and ignoring Ryder.

+++

I pulled up to school and saw Sky and Paisley and Annie all at the car circle and they looked surprised when they saw me.

"You look perfect!" Sky whined, "I'm stuck in these sweatpants and my blonde hair is beginning to fall out, see!" She touched her hair and a thin strand fell out. "That's weird..." I said but I pulled her into a hug.

Paisley and Annie kept staring at me and I could tell their jealousy was building up.

"You look-" Paisley began, "amazing!" Annie finished. "You even look better than me and I'm the fashionista in the group." Paisley giggled.

"Thanks guys, but you all look beautiful as always too. Now where is that new boy?" I asked, wondering the school with my eyes.

"Over there." Sky stared dreamily at- what?! It can't be- it's the boy from the hospital, Brandon!

"Brandon!" I shouted and made my way over to him. "Oh, hey Ella!" He looked back. A group of people stared at me and looked confused, including Allie and Chloe, but they looked angry.

"Why is everyone staring?" Brandon whispered. "Because it's high school." I whispered back.

"Um excuse me, peasant. Why are you talking to my boyfriend?" Chloe snapped. Boyfriend? I gulped.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, I looked at Brandon who was staring at the ground. "She asked me out yesterday, and I accepted. Sorry, Ella. Text me later." He frowned.

I frowned and felt like punching Chloe in her nose but before I knew it, she was on the ground.

I slapped her so hard that she fell down. My hand was numb and I was confused.

Ryder ran in and before I could attack her, he pulled me back.

"Ella, what're you doing?!" He yelled. "I'm getting my revenge!" I tried darting out to Chloe, but he was too strong and pulled me into a hug of protection.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need your protection! Let me go!" I yelled. "Remember what happened last time!" I added.

Chloe was tearing up and she held her cheek. "Are you kidding me?! The principal must hear about this!" Chloe got up and Allie helped her, she brushed off herself.

"Ella!" Brandon ran over to me. The two cutest boys were holding me back.

Sky, Paisley, and Annie ran over to me and then the trouble began, the principal slowly approached and when she arrived, Chloe and I just stared at each other for a second angrily.

"In my office... NOW!" The principal demanded.

+++

"Oh my god, mom, I'm fine. I got into a girl fight with the weakest link, Chloe- big deal? I think not. I didn't get in trouble!" I yelled from the other side of my perfectly locked door so my mom couldn't barge in give me the biggest lecture of my life.

"You think getting into an attention-grabbing fight isn't that big a deal? I'm not leaving you unpunished and you'd be in heck of a mess if you got in trouble. You're so darn lucky that your principal let you two go!" My mom yelled.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, her yelling becomes louder and louder- almost blinding my ears- yes, I used the term "blinding".

"Mom, can we just be thankful I'm not in trouble? No need for a lecture!" I covered my mouth instantly. Oh no, I'm D-E-A-D.

I heard an angry sigh from the side of the door and then I heard gentle footsteps fading. Okay, she left. Should I be happy about that?

I pressed my lips together, breathing heavily and regretting my not-smooth word play. Great, now I'll be extra-extra grounded.

I flopped on my bed to do some homework.

And the torture begins now.

Hope you looooooved it! I sure looooooved the subject of it today! So do you ship Brandon & Ella= Brandella? Or Ryder & Ella= Rylla? < I'm not very good with ship names sorry! But yeah! Comment who Ella should date ?? Love you readers!

-Alex💜