Chapter Eighteen | Brandon May Be The Guy

Chloe all of a sudden, hands down, fully made out with Ryder. And then, she decided to kiss Brandon too.

That little beast.

Ryder pulled away quickly because he knew I was looking. He glanced at me before Chloe kissed him again.

Brandon walked away, he stomped out of the room pretty quickly.

I walked along his side and stared behind at Ryder who being drooled on by Chloe.

I can't believe that little- that little- SKUNKBAG!

I'm not very good with name-calling.

Brandon started his car, the engine rumbling. I hopped in the front seat and we both clicked on our seatbelts before taking off.

He drove and drove until he reached his destination: McDonalds?

He walked out and immediately started ordering since there was no line.

"I'll get five bacon cheeseburgers, two orders of large fries, and three diet cokes. And- do you want anything?" He turned and looked at me. "I'm good." I waved my hands.

"Okay, that'll be $63.90." The cashier said.

Golly jee, $63.90?

He gave the cashier the money and the cashier went to the back.

"Do you eat when you're mad?" I asked. "I eat extra when I'm mad. I eat in general too." He winked at me.

"Oh, okay!" I giggled. I sat down at one of the tables with Brandon as he took monster bites of the food.

"That's so unhealthy." I laughed. He chewed with his mouth closed. At least he is a gentleman, Ella.

"I know, it gives me some weight that I can work off in the gym because now, I'm just muscle." He said as he ate a salty fry.

"We can share if you want." He gestured down at the food. "Thanks but no thanks. Eating McDonalds isn't my thing. Plus, I look like a pig when I eat big foods."

"So what do you eat? Salad in front of guys? I don't care what you eat, it still makes you, you." He gestured down again.

"Okay, maybe just a fry." I smiled as I picked up a long, greasy fry.

I squirmed it into my mouth. "Fun, isn't it?" He asked as he handed me another fry.

I sat there and ate a whole order of fries. Oops, a girl has to one day try out some fattie food.

"So, are you and Ryder a thing now?" He asked. Okay, this was a perfect and romantic moment until he brought up Ryder. "I saw him kissing Chloe."

"No, we aren't a thing and I know." I rolled my eyes, "Are you and Chloe really a thing?"

"Nah, she just says we are so Ryder gets jealous and starts to like her. But it's obvious all he cares about is you." He frowned and started eating another bacon burger.

"Really?" I asked, licking the sweet salt off my fingers (don't worry, I cleaned my hands before eating).

"Yeah, El. I care about you so much, my heart is actually beginning to hurt though." He wiped his face with a napkin.

"That's sweet, Brandon. I care about you a lot too. But honestly, I do care about Ryder too. You guys expect me to choose between you guys in a matter of days but it is really hard for me." He looked at me, his eyes glowing brightly and I miss staring into them.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so jealous, seeing you all buddy-buddy with Ryder while I'm stuck with Chloe and Allie bossing me around." He rolled his eyes. Just the thought of them at this moment made me cringe.

"Brandon," I grabbed his hand and felt a spark, "Ryder is being a real jerk right now and who am I with at this moment. You?" I half-smiled and he smiled back.

I love seeing those gorgeous sets of teeth when his mouth curves upwards- it is like I'm on a puffy white cloud and staring over the beautiful view.

Okay, that sounds weird.

Ella and Brandon is something I can think of. Ella and Ryder- sadly, is not.

This is a SUPER short chapter!!! I wrote it for a sweet convo between Brandon and Ella but I promise, the next chapter will be long and you'll be staring at it in awe. Yes, the setting is in McDonalds but that is the point because when you're having a deep and lovely conversation with someone, you aren't thinking about the place you're at or what they're eating. All that matter is that person and you. Thanks for letting me share that heartfelt moment haha.

Catch ya later alligators!

-Alex💜