Chapter 4 - Joseph's Weekend

Joseph's POV

I have been following Sophie all afternoon now I know more about her. I know what this looks like but I promise I am not a creep I just need to know what my mate does outside of school. So my mate works as far as I'm aware part time at a veterinary practice. Sophie becomes more interesting by the minute after a couple of hours I watch her leave I keep a slight distance in the shadows does she always walk everywhere. I'm so focused on following Sophie that I didn't spot the twig I snapped. She quickly turns around and looks directly at me, busted I slowly approach her with my head low meaning I won't hurt her. To my surprise her shock turns to comfort and she sits down on a bank of grass and waits for my approach. Wow she has a gentle nature awesome. I lowered my head my tail wagging profusely I then lay down beside her resting my head on her lap. Her scent hit me again she scratched my ears and stroked my fur I rolled onto my back she giggled god she has an amazing laugh then out of nowhere my back left leg started thumping excitedly on the ground.

After a while she moved my head causing me to whine at the lack of contact she just smirked at me and stood up. Sophie waved at me "Bye" and she walked home.

I ran back to my pack The Silver Moon pack house. I shifted behind the large tree I stashed spare clothes in. I changed in a casual navy t-shirt and light blue jeans, my socks and trainers next. Jackson my Beta (second in command in a pack) and best friend saw me and said "what time do you call this" trying to mimic my father and failing miserably. I then told him everything of Sophie.

"I can't believe you found your mate and our Luna congrats man" patting me on the back as we walked inside. I did feel bad a little about telling him about Sophie cause he hasn't found his mate yet and it's a touchy subject for him, but he was genuinely happy for me.

During my weekend I did the same thing woke up early did some pack work, wrote up lesson plans for school but my favourite time of the day was finally here the afternoons I would go out in my wolf form of course and walk Sophie to and from work. I would stay and wait in the woods while she worked. As soon as she saw me she lite up and stroked my neck and I would walk her back as she talked about her day in work. She was happy until we got near her house she would instantly tense up, looking like a deer caught in headlights. I would lick her face to relax her it always worked she would laugh and stroke me then leave for her house. Hmm something had to be wrong at home "NO ONE WILL HURT OUR MATE!" Ace was furiously growling out I couldn't agree more with him on that.