C1: The Innocent & Transcendent

The beat of the music became louder and louder as the crowd screamed and danced in the most famous club in the city. There were drinks everywhere--the total definition of the best night anyone could ever have.

"Congratulations." Josh offered Stell a drink. "I told you. There's no need for a bloodbath to gain money."

Stell smirked, "Definitely. Five million isn't that much for them. We can use them again."

"Poor Justin." Josh took a sip of his drink. "Ken did his job perfectly, didn't he? He removed Justin and Julian's memory as if it was nothing."

"I still wonder..." Stell cleared his throat. "Ken can just hypnotize people and give him money, but he chose to join us."

"Because we are not boring." He gave Stell a light punch on his left arm. "We want adventure, something exciting."

Josh continued, "Honestly, I want to have Ken's ability in hypnotizing. It's cool to control people's minds, but I wouldn't want to make people hand me their money without effort."

They stared at Ken chilling on the couch with all the girls around him. It was indeed a night of celebration for the three of them after successfully getting millions from Justin's brother.

That was their biggest tactic. Using people's greatest weakness, their biggest fear--love.

"Look at that," Stell smirked as he saw a girl wearing a tight pink dress, embracing her body of an hourglass. "Makes me drool from here."

"First time seeing her here," Josh commented. "She's so dang hot."

"She's mine." Stell grabbed the bottle of champagne and poured himself a drink. "Stop checking on my girl."

"Oh, easy dude." Josh laughed. "I know she's yours. Go ahead and say your Latin words and let's see what happens in the next two minutes of your love story."

"No." He declined. "I'm having another terrible headache tonight if I do that. We get tired too, believe me."

"Is that really the reason?" Josh teased. It's really true--people like Stell can't overuse their ability. There's no serious consequence, just mere body pains. Ken's eyes become blurry a day after using his ability to hypnotize.

However, it's his first time seeing Stell checking out on a girl. He's the type of person who's into true love and serious relationships--the complete opposite of Ken.

"Alright. You do know when I'm telling a half-lie, don't you?" Stell poured Josh's glass a drink. "Fine, I promised myself not to use my ability for love."

Josh leaned closer, "Tell me. I shall know my best friend's secrets."

"You didn't have to ask that." Stell couldn't believe that Josh didn't know why. He doesn't know anything about love. "I want it to happen naturally, like a normal person. Besides, love is something that is out of control."

"You have a point. It feels good to live like a normal college student." Josh remarked.

"Of course you can live that life, Josh. You're a normal person. We have different lives." Stell said as he kept on staring at the girl in that tight pink dress.

"Yup. I may not have a special ability, but I'm friends with people who are one." He laughed as they clinked their glasses together.

This is the world they're living in. Two types of people exist: the innocent ones--those who were born to be natural, normal human beings, and the transcendent--people like Stell and Ken, who seems ordinary but has extraordinary abilities.

"She's heading to the VIP room," Stell said as the girl walked upstairs. Every step she makes shouts elegance and beauty. "Please tell me she's not a girlfriend of one of those dumb rich guys in that room."

"Something is odd." Josh looked around. "I don't know. It might be the alcohol but something isn't right."

"Video sed non credo." Stell smirked. Josh grabbed his arm, confused why he suddenly had to use his ability tonight. "Josh, I trust your instincts. Don't worry, I can handle this. If you please let me focus--"

Stell flinched as he saw visions again. He ran his fingers through his hair. Josh was right, something bad will happen.

In the next two minutes, the police will arrive because of a report that some college students in the club are purchasing illegal drugs from a certain gang. That doesn't bother them, but their last victim, Julian De Dios might have filed a report before Ken could erase his memory. The best thing to do is to leave immediately.

Stell opened his eyes.

"Guys." Ken approached them. "How's your night? Guess what, I'm in the cloud of happiness right now. You have no idea."

At that moment, they knew Ken was already drunk. He almost fell on the floor but Stell was able to catch him. "Okay boy, let's get you home. Josh, we have to leave. You got good instincts, the police are coming."

"I'm freaking rich, Josh. Thanks to you." Ken kept on blabbering while Josh was driving him to his apartment. "Justin was such an easy target. You have good eyes for victims, Santos."

"And you, Stell. The future man." He laughed as he hugged Stell. "You're so good at picking up calls. I'll piss my pants if ever I'd answer one of your surprise calls. I love both of you soooooo much!"

"Stell." Josh sighed. "It's either I knock him out or you knock him out."

"Good night, Ken. Time for bed." Without hesitation, Stell punched Ken on his left cheek making him fall asleep. The next thing they heard was Ken's loud snore.

"He will not shut up even if he's asleep."