C4: Repeat

"You kissed on the first date!?" Josh dropped his controller on the ground. It was around 1:00 AM when Stell came over to his apartment.

"Dude, who's doing it like you?" Ken joined them in the living room after grabbing some chips in the kitchen. They all decided to stay in Josh's apartment for tonight to play games.

Stell buried his face on his palms, "I don't know. It just happened. She fell and our faces--I don't know. I've never kissed anyone in my life. You guys know that."

"That's why we didn't expect you will kiss on the first date." Josh stared at him. "Nothing's wrong about that, don't worry. It was just unexpected."

"You really like her, don't you?" Ken grinned. "He's right. Nothing's wrong with that as long as she kissed you back, didn't she?"

"She did." Stell pursed his lips, remembering how everything happened so quickly.

"Sa wakas! (Finally)" Josh and Ken said in chorus. They have been waiting for this moment--for Stell to have someone special in his life. They grabbed Stell into a hug and congratulated him.

"I'm so proud of you, Stellvester Ajero." Ken punched his right arm. "You always make us proud."

"By the way" Josh turned the television off and placed the controllers back inside the drawers. "Do you want to do it again?"

"The kiss?" Stell asked.

"Huh? Hindi." Josh laughed. "I was talking about the plan, people for ransom."

"O-oh okay." Stell scratched his head.

"Maybe we should take some rest, Josh. We haven't even used the money from the De Dios." Ken leaned on the couch.

"You have a point." Josh sighed. "Anyway, I'm tired. We still have classes tomorrow, or later rather. You can sleep on the sofa bed as usual. Good night."

Josh turned off the lights and went inside his room. Ken and Stell lied down on the sofa bed--but Stell stayed awake, still thinking of her.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

The bell rang and in just a couple of seconds, the hallways were packed with students.

Just like a typical day, Stell was walking to return some books in the library. Shirley being on his mind ever since last night was the only difference today.

"H-hello." Bumping into Stell in the hallway, Shirley almost dropped the books he's holding. "I mean--I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." Stell smiled. Destiny is really playing a good game with us. "You're going home?"

"I'm not, mind if I join you?" Shirley gave another charming smile.

"I wouldn't mind." He offered his hand and despite her second thoughts, she carefully grabbed his hand and held it.

I have the world in my hands. Stell couldn't help but smile about the situation. He's walking holding hands with his first crush--and would be the last if he will marry her.

"Thanks." Stell thanked the librarian after returning the books. They both bid a quick goodbye and left the library.

"Shirley, I forgot to do something. Can we sit for a second?" Shirley agreed with Stell's request and offered him help.

"Are you sure it's in your bag?" She asked. "Maybe you can check if--"

"I had a crush on Stell before, and it's totally a relief he finally found someone." They heard someone from the table behind. "Shirley is a nice girl, she really is. But I didn't expect that it will be her because she--"

Someone stopped her from speaking when they noticed that the two were actually just in front of them.

"Shirley, let's go." Stell pulled her hand and gave the students behind them a glare. They didn't say anything wrong about her, but their relationship should be none of other people's business.

They sat down on one of the benches in the hallway. "Are you okay?" He asked as he tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

She forced a smile, "Yes, I-I'm completely fine, I just--"

Stell's phone rang. It's a phone call coming from Ken. He excused himself and answered the phone immediately, "Hello, Ken? You never called--"

"I need your help." Ken's voice was hoarse.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"What's the matter?" Stell exclaimed the moment he opened the door of their secret office.

Josh was in front of his computer and sets of televisions they use when they have to execute some plan. Sitting on a rusty chair, Ken was obviously devastated.

Josh sighed, "Looks like we have to do it again, Stell. We have no choice."

"It's about my kuya (older brother). He's diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer." Ken's eyes were swollen. "I don't know what to do."

Stell didn't completely agree with their idea, "There must be another way--do we really have to use people for ransom again?"

"It's not like we're going to kill people, we never hurt or kill anyone." Josh couldn't understand why Stell was so against it. "Ken needs it. We are his best friends, do you want to let his brother die when you have all the means to help?"

"No--what I mean is, it hasn't even been a week since we finished the De Dios plan. We cannot abuse what we have, Josh." Stell reasoned. "One more thing. Ken where is the money? We distributed the money fair and square."

"Do you think I will ask for help if I have the money? The money was stolen, Stell. Someone broke into my apartment this morning." Ken's eyes were full of despair. "Even if I have the money, it wouldn't be enough. Kuya's the only breadwinner in the family."

They have never disagreed with each other for years, but this time their hearts seem to depart from each other. Their friendship seems like slipping away from the grip they held for a long time.

Ken was indeed in great trouble. His oldest brother has stage 4 lung cancer, the only breadwinner their family had. The second child, another older brother, is a graduating college student--considering that he's already doing aircraft training. The expenses for that aren't a joke, he took one of the most expensive courses to take.

If only they could lend Ken some money, but it's out of the choices. Josh and Stell both paid debts--millions of them. That was the reason why they had to execute the De Dios plan, and what's left will be for their needs.

"I still have five hundred thousand left." Stell sighed in frustration. "But obviously it will not be enough. There could still be some other way--"

"Stell, can you hear yourself? Ken needs us. We need each other." A pleading look crossed Josh's face. "Maybe you haven't used much of your conscience in your past life."

"What are you suddenly talking about, Josh?" Everything was so messed up between the three of them. They used to be so alike, especially when it comes to ideas, but now it's all complicated.

Ken grabbed his jacket, "You know what guys? It's fine, I can handle--"

"Stop right there." Stell pulled Ken's right arm as he was about to leave the office. "Fine, we will do it. Just make sure Shirley will not know anything about this. How much will be the ransom?"

Josh stared directly into his eyes, "20 million will do."