C2: Video sed non credo

"video sed non credo"

Those words were written on the whiteboard of Class 1 Street-Fighting Mathematics. Yes, that's their college course.

Stell and Ken weren't so sure about what course to take, so they decided to pick the most unusual one on the list--just like them.

That's where they met each other, including Josh, who was a computer and programming addict. He said he will not take a programming course anymore. He's been studying that since he was 7 years old, and there's no use to take a course that will just repeat what he studied.

"I see it, but I don't believe it." The professor encircled the words. "That's what Caspar Hofmann said when William Harvey showed him proof of the circulatory system."

Stell squinted his eyes to see the words clearly. Those were the exact words he says every time he needs to see what will happen in the next two minutes.

He discovered his ability when he was five. He didn't know a thing about those words, they just came out of his mouth as if it was bound to happen. Next thing that happened, he saw that his parents will divorce in the next two minutes.

It was a curse for him. No one knows where that unusual ability came from, but one thing is for sure--he's not like the innocent ones.

"Ken, you need to get back to your senses." Josh kept on slapping Ken who was half asleep on his seat. He's in a terrible hangover. "We're about to get caught, you crap."

Stell chuckled and put his attention back to their lesson. Video sed non credo. I see it, but I don't believe it. In years of having that ability, he realized that you don't have to believe everything you see, especially when you're two minutes earlier than the future.

You should believe at the present time, in which you have all the power to change what will happen.

"You're dismissed." Their professor announced after a few more minutes of discussing. Everyone started fixing their things and headed out.

"Don't tell me you have your own schedule today." Josh stared at Stell with a poker face. "I'm not dealing with his hangover all alone."

"Ken, gising (wake up)." Ken was still drooling on his desk. Stell kept on waking him up. "I should be at the oval by now, I need to take some laps."

A few seconds after, Ken woke up. His hair was all messed up and his breath still smells like alcohol.

"Whatever, go finish your run. I'll bring him home. Take care." Josh placed Ken's arm around his shoulders and went out of the room. Stell bid a quick goodbye and ran to the locker room.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Stell wore a hooded sport jacket and running tights. After hanging his uniform inside his locker, he grabbed his customized Nike Air Zoom Pegasus and tied its shoelaces.

Just when he stood up, he saw Justin De Dios entering the locker room. The innocent boy looked at him and smiled.

He's wearing a white tank top and running shorts. His fine leg muscles were exposed and his crystal sweat was dripping from the tips of his hair. No doubts, he's a complete campus crush.