C12: Splash

"You're here," Josh uttered without looking at Stell. He pretended he was busy with some papers when in fact he was really waiting for Stell to arrive to tell him some news.

Stell threw his bag on the couch, "Of course I am. Plus, you have your eye on me the whole day."

"Because that's the plan, we do every single thing according to the plan," Josh emphasized. "By the way, I already told Ken we're fine and figured out that we should be teammates."

Stell crossed his eyebrows, "By the way, is his earpiece turned off when we were talking last time? I just want to make sure he doesn't know a thing about your lie."

"Of course it was turned off. I cut communication with him every time you're in this room. I said it was to give him some free time."

"You lied to him." He also took a look at the monitors in front of Josh.

Josh chuckled sarcastically, "I did that so this damn plan works out without anyone of us stooping down our pride, because I'm pretty sure no one will."

"No one cares, genius." Stell grabbed a pillow and made himself comfortable on the couch to take a nap.

"Speaking of genius, I did something today. You might want to hear it if you care." Photos of Sejun's mother appeared on the screen.

"Of course I know that. You're not the only one who has a brain in this room." Stell stood up. "Also, I'm aware that something has to be done today, so was it successful?"

"Piece of cake." Josh grinned. "I called Mrs. Nase who's currently in Switzerland today and told her I'm the shareholder who needs to speak with her as soon as possible because it's confidential. She promised she will be back here in the country next week, and that means--"

"It's easier to keep an eye on her, her money, and contact her during the main event," Stell said with boredom. "I told you, Josh. I'm aware of the plan. I just asked if it was successful or not."

Josh didn't respond. Seems like their friendship will never be the same again. However, he's willing to sacrifice everything to execute the plan perfectly.

"There's one thing, Stell." He sighed. "I need to ask for a favor. I know we're not okay, but just do this one thing for me."

Stell laughed, "Look who's asking for a favor. If this is for the plan, of course, I'm in for it more than you do. Unlucky you, I need to sleep right now."

"It is, and this one's urgent." Josh stood up from his swivel chair and approached Stell. "Say your Latin words, I have to see something."

"Easy, Santos." Stell smiled intimidatingly. "I just used my ability today, you know it's a little dangerous to--"

"Just do it."

"Fine, okay. Stop being so much of a boss again." Stell sat comfortably on the couch. He took a couple of seconds to clear his mind. Taking a deep breath, he did what Josh was asking.

"Video sed non credo"

Suddenly, he saw an old bridge and an overflowing river under it. His head hurt again and glitches started appearing out of nowhere.

"Crap." Stell bit his lower lip and grasped his hair again in so much pain. Josh shook his arms to wake up from his vision.

When Stell wouldn't wake up, Josh swiftly grabbed the glass of water on the table and splashed it on his face. He took a sigh of relief as Stell finally opened his eyes.

"I knew it," Josh whispered. "Calm down and take some rest."

"What do you mean you knew it? I will not sleep here without an answer." Stell grabbed the blanket in Josh's hand. "What was that favor about? Were you trying to kill me?"