C17: Beyond Your Fears

It was another sunny morning with enough sunshine and wind. The two boys were about to go somewhere again, a surprise for Stell that Sejun planned, just like the last time.

"Another ride for today!" Sejun shut the car door closed and tightened his seatbelt. Stell was sitting beside him on the front seat--not saying a word since he entered the car.

Sejun sighed, "Shirley told me she will join us next time. She's having serious trouble with her groupmates right now."

"You're lucky your project is already done. Good groupmates, I assume." Stell came back to his senses, distracting himself from the thought of his talk with Justin last night.

"Absolutely." Sejun laughed and turned on the music. "Off we go."

Stell didn't know where they're going just like before when they went to that village filled with an awesome bunch of people. Josh knows where they will go, but he never told Stell to make his reactions more realistic--but honestly, he wants Stell to spend his last moments with his friend, knowing that the plan will be half-successful and half bloody.

A strange feeling swept over Stell when one of his favorite songs played on the radio.

"All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye"

Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver. Sejun swayed his head as the harmonies filled their ears.

"Tomorrow's the last day of the plan." Stell thought as he stared at Sejun enjoying the music. "Yet he has no idea about what will happen."

"But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die"

The thought of tomorrow kills him inside. He was given two choices that he doesn't even want to choose from--spare Sejun's life and possibly end the punishment or let his bare hands push his friend down that deadly river.

"So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go"

"That's my favorite song." Sejun made a smooth turn to the right.

Stell agreed, "Me too. It reminds me of a certain someone."

"Exactly. It brings back a lot of memories about my childhood best friend. He could have been here with us if he's still alive." He sighed. "But I'm happy to have you now. It's a blessing to have a good friend like you."

"About that." Stell bit his lower lip. "How can you say that a friend is a good one?"

"What's with that sudden question? You should know it because you're one of those types of people." Sejun chuckled and scratched his forehead. "I don't have much experience about friends, you know that--but I've never had a bad friend in my entire existence."

"Let's just take you as an example. You're a good friend--you never betrayed me. There's something about you that makes me feel that I'm in comfort, that I'm safe. Honestly, I just felt it. I saw you and I knew we had a certain connection."