C11: Strange Setting

Stell spent the night at the rooftop of his apartment, drinking and staring at nowhere.

"This plan is slowly killing me." He lifted the can of beer on the table. "It feels like this plan has a lot of trouble ahead and this is just the beginning."

No matter how much he tried to remove Sejun in his head, he simply couldn't. Walking back and forth didn't help him to come up with a reason why he kept on thinking about him.

"What a joke." He whispered those words when he realized he's slowly falling into their own trap.

He threw the can against the wall. He started stepping and crashing it when it rolled back on the ground near his foot.

"I will get this thing done." He exhaled with frustration, "You're a dead man, Sejun Nase."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

The next day, Stell went to their hideout. Josh was studying blueprints when he arrived.

"I'm busy." Josh turned his back from Stell. He grabbed a rubber band and tied his hair into a man bun.

Stell took a deep breath, "I'm not here to argue. Josh, I know Ken needs us. We need to finish this."

Josh didn't utter a word, ignoring his best friend's presence. Deep inside it wasn't easy for him to neglect him, to act like he doesn't care for the plan they made altogether.

"Josh, please. You're right, Shirley isn't a threat to the plan. She explained everything to me." Stell stepped closer to him. "I'm really sorry, Josh. I could have listened to you first instead of--"

"Enough." Josh turned to him, taking a deep sigh. "This is making me feel awful--that you're right. It was my mistake not to tell you that Sejun likes your girl. Now you're the one asking for my apology when in fact it's all my fault."

"Believe it or not Josh, you did your best to get this plan done and we know mistakes are inevitable. It happens, so please don't blame yourself." He stared directly into his eyes. "Josh, I'm your best friend. Your mistakes are my mistakes too."

Josh crossed his thick eyebrows, "Can you stop being such a good friend to me? Go ahead and do that to Paulo, since you want to keep on hanging to our damn plan."

"We're going to continue like this? We are not on good terms, Josh. How about Ken? Have you forgotten he's part of the team?" Stell couldn't understand his best friend. He seemed like a different person at all.

"We just have to pretend that we're fine, that we already fixed this problem between us." Josh sighed. "I have no time for this, Stell. You have no choice but to agree with me right now if you want to help Ken."

"You are telling me to pretend and lie to Ken?" A feeling of aversion swept over Stell. "That's the last thing I would do, Josh. You know that!"

"Then maybe it's time to do it. After all, that might be in the last part of your to-do list but still, you would do it." Josh emphasized his words. "I'm not who you think I am, Stell. The plan will continue no matter what."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Taking another glance at his phone, Stell sat on a bench in the hallway. Once again, he heard Josh's voice through the earpiece, "30 seconds. He's passing through Hallway C."

He leaned backward, waiting for Sejun to appear. In the plan, he needs to see the next two minutes once Sejun passes by.

The last time he tried to foresee the future was a flop, and it can't happen again. The moment he saw Sejun, he took a deep breath and prepared himself.