C6: Go Signal

The next morning, Stell was all prepared for his task. Everything will begin today, and turning back is not and will never be one of the choices.

Ken cannot join them on the first step. He's currently at the hospital, taking care of his brother while working on Josh and Stell's school works.

"I have cameras on you, Stell." Josh pointed at the monitors focused on a street. "That's two hundred meters from Sejun's house. I've reviewed previous tapes, and he walks to university every day except Sunday."

"Over there, see that? That's the exact place you two will bump into each other. Crossing time will only be 30 seconds, you already know how things will work later." Stell listened to his instructions. "You have 10 seconds to bump on him, and in 5 seconds you need to see the next 2 minutes so we can continue with the plan."

Josh sighed, "Sejun often forgets something at home. Their helper sometimes shows up out of nowhere in the tapes, chasing him while carrying a folder or literally just anything Sejun forgot to bring. It happens at least once a week, and we're unlucky if it happens today. We have to do this perfectly."

"Stell, remember. No one from his family should see you or know about your friendship." A worried look crossed on Josh's face. "Or else we will lose all of these. Their family might find you suspicious."

"I know what you can do, Stell. Look straight into his eyes, and we'll immediately know how weak he is." Josh sighed. "Listen. Sejun is a weak target, but he can be unpredictable. His family, likewise."

"Josh, don't worry. I've gathered all the focus I need for today. Plus, we have contact." Stell referred to the small black earpiece he's wearing. "I'll finish this task naturally like nothing happened."

He grabbed Stell into a hug, "The green light will be your go signal. Be safe, and don't get distracted."

Stell took a quick glance at Josh who's already sitting on his chair, in front of a lot of monitors showing all the installed CCTVs he hacked.

Just like every other morning, Stell began jogging to the first point area--the street where Sejun walks every day.

He's wondering why Sejun would walk to the university when his family obviously owns lots of cars. "Maybe he's just like those rich people in the movies who don't want to live a spoiled life."

But he is still the Nase's precious gem.

"All clear, Stell." He heard Josh's voice through the earpiece. "All cameras hacked. I can see you."

"That's good news." Stell thought to himself. If a soul discovers that someone is hacking the cameras, the plan would break into a total fail.

"You still have 5 minutes left to arrive at the second point area. Walk a little slower. You might be too early." Josh kept on looking at the monitors--from Sejun to Stell and vice versa.

"Copy that," Stell whispered while pretending to get something from his bag to extend time.

After three minutes, Stell arrived at the first point area--the street. He can already see Sejun from afar, wearing a plain white long-sleeved jersey top and denim jeans.

He's holding three books in his right hand and a meter stick on the other, just like what Josh described last night. Josh isn't even a fortune teller, it's all because of his intelligence.

"I see him." He scrolled through his phone, trying his best not to be obvious.

"Proceed to second point area. All clear. It's all in your hands." As Josh finished saying those words, he walked to the pedestrian lane.

" As Josh finished saying those words, he walked to the pedestrian lane

He waited with a group of people for the light to change. The red light shifted to green, and Stell was all prepared and ready. Game on.

Staring at Sejun, he couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Josh is so sure about making Sejun the target. He's completely innocent, not a transcendent or any other special being in the planet. He is completely helpless.

10 seconds to bump on him. 5 seconds to see the future.

He dashed through the pedestrians in a matter of ten seconds, just like planned. Sejun dropped all his stuff on the rough ground. Just the perfect time.

Stell took a deep breath and mouthed the words, "Video sed non-"

Their eyes widened as a truck that probably lost its brakes was about to crash in their direction. There were screams and the deafening sound of the truck's horn made everyone caught off guard.

Being a transcendent doesn't make you able to control everything.

"Stell, get out of--" Those were the last words Stell heard through the earpiece.

In the hideout, Josh couldn't do anything but watch how the truck's about to crash his best friend and guardian. All the monitors around him couldn't save Stell's life.

The next thing Stell saw was Sejun's face right next to him, with wounds and scratches on his forehead. Breathing heavily, Sejun cannot see a thing, it's all a blur.

The plan is ruined.

But Stell has another thing on his mind--their easy target just saved his life.