C10: Lies

Right after Stell walked out from their argument, he headed to their hideout without any idea what to believe in anymore.

As he opened the door, he saw Josh walking back and forth, obviously having a nervous breakdown.

"Cut this crap, Josh." He approached him and pulled him by his collar. "Why didn't you tell me that Shirley and Sejun are dating?"

"Listen. Ken's life is in a miserable situation right now, do you think I would still consider your romance?" He stared directly into Stell's eyes.

"Are you dumb? You know it would harm the plan and you didn't even think or bothered to tell me? You're so selfish. You are so damn selfish." His jaw clenched in anger.

Josh tried catching his breath, "I don't have to tell you. It's in the information I told you to study. What did you do to those papers I gave you? You just probably read the first page."

"I must have missed it, but of course you should have told me that, Josh. That was an important detail you should have told me." Stell reasoned. "I want things to be alright, especially with Ken. I will not risk this chance to do that because of romance, but I could have prepared for this."

Josh tried to get away from Stell's grip, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize she would be a threat to the plan. I was just afraid you'll back out--"

"Now I feel like backing out because of this." He pushed Josh towards the wall. "You know how much I love her, don't you? You are my best friend, Josh. But right now it feels like I want to smash your head into pieces."

"Crap." They heard the door squeaked as Ken entered the hideout. "I heard everything. Can you guys please calm down? This will not do any good."

Ken pulled Stell away from Josh. The two of them still looking at each other intently.

"I don't understand--" Ken sighed in frustration. "If I knew this would happen, I could have just taken care of my problems all alone. I'd rather die than see the both of you about to kill each other."

Stell stepped closer to Ken, "Yes, I know. This wouldn't have happened because of that selfish piece of trash."

"What did you just call me?" Josh pulled Stell's arm and threw a fist on his left cheek. Stell fell on the cold ground but got up as quick as he can and punched Josh back.

"Enough of this please, okay?" Ken stood in between them, trying his best to stop his two friends. "This is getting so out of hand. We're not going to continue the plan, that's it. Don't talk to me until the two of you are on good terms."

"We can't just do that." Josh wiped the blood on his upper lip. "You must be kidding, Ken. First of all, you need this and we are doing this for you. Second, we all worked hard for this and I'm not letting this plan end up in the garbage."

Ken crossed his arms, "I said what I said. I will deal with my own problems. And the two of you? Deal with your problem as well."

"Let's think straight, Ken." Stell stared at Ken. "We don't want you to go through so much trouble. I know I am not in a good condition right now because of what happened, but please don't do this. We can continue the plan like nothing happened, just forget that Josh and I were best friends."

"You are ridiculous." Ken grabbed his bag and was about to leave when his phone rang.

It was a call from the hospital. Ken answered the phone, "Hello. Is everything alright?"

After a few seconds, Ken's eyes widened and his face became pale. He swiftly ran away while the two decided to follow him.

"Ken, what's the matter?" Josh asked while the three of them were running. They left the hideout without closing the door in so much rush.