C7: Blessing in Disguise

People gathered around them. Stell coughed, the smoke giving him a hard time breathing.

Whatever happens, the plan should continue. For Ken.

Stell tried to whisper his magic words, "Video sed non credo." He successfully said the words despite the shock.

By that time, he should already be seeing visions of the next two minutes, but it wouldn't work. He kept on seeing glitches--or a series of blurry events.

His visions were complicated, nothing makes sense. Every glitch gives him a bad headache, making him grunt in pain.

Someone was about to call an ambulance when Stell tried to stop him. "No, I'm alright. I'm going to call the ambulance myself." He grabbed the phone from his pocket.

"But sir you can be injured, just--" A man wearing an oversized black shirt carrying a huge backpack insisted. Stell squinted his eyes to take a good look at him. He's wearing a surgical mask.

Wait a minute--that's Ken!

Josh's voice came through the earpiece, good thing it wasn't damaged. "Stell if you're alright--you have to leave the area as soon as possible."

If Stell would be in the same hospital as Sejun, for sure his family would ask about his information.

"I'm okay." Stell stood up and grabbed his bag. "Please call an ambulance for him, I'm just really in a rush."

When Stell left, Ken quickly grabbed his disposable phone and called the ambulance. After all, they would never let anyone get physically hurt because of the plan.

Even before the ambulance arrives, Ken left and took a different route heading to the shop.

When Stell arrived, he saw Josh with his face buried in his palms. He leaped to his feet the moment he saw Stell and grabbed him into a hug, "I'm so sorry. I didn't see--"

"Shh, it's okay." He tapped Josh's back. Ken arrived and immediately asked if Stell was okay or if he needed some medical help.

Stell sighed, "I'm totally fine, promise. I'm just kind of worried. What if his family knows that I'm the reason why he ended up in the hospital?"

Josh sat down on his chair, catching his breath. "I told you. Sejun doesn't want his family taking care of him too much. It's not going to be a major problem, Stell."

"Besides, in case things go wrong, I can take care of it." Ken removed his surgical mask and threw it in the garbage bin. "It's a short memory to remove, it's going to be a piece of cake."

"No, don't do that Ken." Josh ran his fingers through his hair. "We have to save your abilities for the main event. By the way, how's your kuya?"

"The doctors said he's doing a great job, says he's very responsible taking his medicines and stuff. Still a tough situation, but nothing's impossible." Ken lied down on the couch as if it's the only rest he had for days.

"Anyway, how did you get there so quickly?" Stell asked, taking off his shirt full of dirt because of the accident.

"I still have my ears and eyes on you. Besides, Josh planned the second point area there because it's close to the hospital." Ken explained.

"O-oh yeah. I almost forgot." He scratched his forehead. "Go ahead and get some sleep while we discuss the plan."

"Actually, we can look at things the other way." Josh cleared his throat. "Maybe it's an opportunity for Sejun to remember you, it could give more connection between you two."

"Bumping into someone while crossing the street doesn't make you remember people, but saving your life? Big points. If I am Sejun, I'd never forgotten you my whole life." Ken spoke with his eyes closed. How come he can still be part of the discussion while falling asleep?

"Exactly." Josh grabbed his eyeglasses and studied the papers on his desk. "It may be a blessing in disguise after all. The skies fell in love with Ken Suson."

"Nonsense." Ken chuckled and finally fell into sleep. The two boys continued discussing.

"Stell, please hear me out. I know you'll stop but please just let me say these things." A worried look crossed Josh's face. Stell nodded in response.

"I'm really sorry. I could have been more alert." Josh apologized. "You could have faced death out there, and I couldn't even do anything. I promise I will not let that happen ever again."

"You don't need to apologize. You haven't slept properly for a week, I think you need to rest. Just for today, then we'll do things right tomorrow when Sejun's back." He assured Josh.

"Anyway, I had access to the hospital's cameras and it seems like Sejun is fine. He will be back tomorrow." Josh squeezed himself on another couch beside Ken. "I will just get a few minutes of sleep."

Stell was the one left awake. He grabbed his backpack and took an extra shirt to wear. He sat down on Josh's chair and read through Sejun's information.

The three of them know that it wasn't the right time to rest, but they couldn't do anything for today. Their target is recovering at the hospital. There's no way they can continue the plan in that place.

Despite reading pages after pages of Sejun's information, Stell couldn't describe the thoughts in his mind. Their target just saved his life, and in return, he's going to use him for money.

But they need it too.

Stell turned and stared at his two best friends sleeping soundly. They snore like a tenor and a base singer in a choir. He smiled, thinking how much he would sacrifice for the both of them.

That, of course, is to execute the plan without making any mistake again.

The glitches he saw earlier, and the headache--what are those? Never in his existence, he had felt that type of pain. He hasn't seen any glitches every time he says those Latin words.

Maybe he also needs some rest, but the thought of the accident was tattooed in his mind.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"There you are, sweet thing." Shirley carefully lifted the cat. It doesn't want to eat the breakfast she's giving her.

"There you are, sweet thing." A voice came from behind. Without even seeing the person's face, her heart already felt happy the moment she heard his voice.

"Stell, how are you?" She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I guess you've been too busy, you haven't even seen my messages. Have you eaten?"

Looking at her face, he smiled. Despite always not being around, she still chooses to understand him.

He felt ashamed in the fact that he couldn't give her girl an official and perfect relationship. Until now, they don't even have a proper label--just friends? In a relationship?

Everything will be alright when the plan's done, Shirley.

"Your eyes are sad." She remarked. She touched Stell's cheeks and gave them a light pinch. "I know it's hard but you will get through it."

He sighed, "What would you do if someone saved your life?"

"Of course, I will owe that person my life. I'd also make sure he will be in good condition. We can also end up being friends. Help him when he needs help." She crossed her eyebrows. "What about the sudden question?"

"Nothing." He forced a smile. "I just watched a movie about someone who saved another person's life. Let's watch the movie together when the busy days are done."

"Sure." She pulled him closer and hugged him even tighter.

Little did Shirley knows, the guy he loves is doing something better than any movie--because it's real.