Chapter 5

Dream was walking down the stairs and heading other to the kitchen. He had left Cross upstairs to sleep as he looked extremely tired and he just felt that Cross needed more sleep. He had already gotten change and was slightly puzzled when he walked into the kitchen to see all the kitchen staff members lined up against the wall. The Captain of the Royal guard as well, yelling at them. Demanding something about stepping forward.

"What's going on?" Dream asked as he stepped in.

The hole kitchen staff gave him a pleading look. As the Captain only smirked and approached the small prince.

"Well." The Captain began folding his arms. "Your brother Nightmare has spotted a traitor amongst us. Say. Where is your guard?"

Dream only looked up at him. "He's asleep. I left him there." Dream answered. "Where's Nightmare?" He then asked as he walked past the Captain then, giving a sympathetic look at the kitchen staff and waking past to go find his brother then.

Dream of course found Nightmare quite quickly who was talking with some of the butlers and maids. Nightmare seemed to be taking a much calmer approach when compared to the Captain.

"Night? Can I talk with you?" Dream wondered after Nightmare had talked with the others. Dream always waited to talk to Nightmare after he had done speaking.

Nightmare nodded. "Of course." Nightmare then walked other to his younger brother as they then walked away going to a room of to the side. "Are you doing okay? No one's been acting strange have they?" Nightmare asked as he shut the door behind him.

"I've been fine. What's all this about a traitor?" Dream questioned then as he saw Nightmare look out the blinds in the office.

Nightmare only sighed. "Don't worry about it." Nightmare then turned to his desk pulling out some blank paper and a bottle of ink.

Dream slammed his hands on the desk. "Tell me what's going on." Drew continued to say very, very sternly.

Nightmare looked up at him. Impressed. "Look Dream. Just tell me, Mum, Killer or Cross if you find anything fishy about a certain someone. And don't wander around alone. I've been able to bring about a sort of motive for whoever is going to betray us and it does have something to do with you." Nightmare instructed then.

"A motive? Involving me." Dream looked at one of the stacks of books that lay in Nightmares rooms.

Nightmare only grumbled then. "I knew I shouldn't of allowed you out in the garden!" Nightmare then exclaimed in frustration. Dream froze for a moment.

"Wait Night... please don't trap me in here again!" Dream took hold of Nightmares sleeve and tugged on it.

"Dream I will do what I have to do to keep you safe." Nightmare stated. "I don't ever want to lose you. You're the only family I feel that I connect with still." Nightmare added afterwards having Dream now in a hug.

Dream hugged back. "But, Cross has been protecting me." He mumbled a little. "And I've heard tales of where Cross had gotten some of his weapons. Where he's been through grand adventures and slain beast." Dream attempted more persuasion.

"There's a possibility that Cross can be the traitor. So I don't trust him that much anymore." Nightmare explained then. "I'm tempted to get the Captain to keep a watchful eye on you."

Dream continued to freeze. "Please don't. I really can't stand him and I don't think he can't stand me." Dream said.

"But he's skilled and have been looking after our family for generations." Nightmare defended then. "Dream please. This is stressful enough already."