Chapter 1

Cross was the newest royal guard to enter the Kingdom of Feelings. He walked through the town that was the closest to the castle. The clattering of armour and a sword laying rested in its hold. Cross wore a stern expression on his face as there was now chatter around the village about Cross and who he was... as no one knew.

Cross soon was stood next the greatest grandest gate he had ever seen. Silver. With the image of a tree with two different apples on either side, he already knew the legend of the apple and the brothers as he looked at the two guards who were on either side of the gate. They looked at Cross.

"Are you the new guard?" One guard questioned, the helmet covering there face, which made Cross wonder how they could see him.

"Indeed I am." Cross answered. Pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to the guard on the right.

The guard examined the papers giving Cross a nod. "Good luck your gonna need it." The guard handed Cross the paper again.

Cross looked at him puzzled. "How come?" He asked.

"Well." The guard began. "Your going to be guarding one of the princes."

"Yeah, Prince Dream." The other guard butted in. "So far every other royal guard has quit upon guarding the Prince." A light chuckle emitted from him.

Cross paused. "Well that won't be happening with me." Cross stated, full of determination. "Why did they all quit?" He decided to investigate further.

"Well they quit because something about the young prince being too 'childish' and not taking things 'seriously'." The guard air quoted.

Cross only shut his eyes taking a deep breath. "I can cope with that." Cross then entered the gates and looked around the garden.

It was tall of course with the hedges probably stretching up to around ten feet as there were flowers growing upon them. Cross stuck to the pathway and soon came across the door, which suddenly came flying off its hinges.

Then someone ran right past him and Cross could only look at the blurred figure then getting chased by a variety of staff members. The soon to be King soon then stood in the doorway, startling Cross, who bowed instantly.

"Oh thank goodness your here." Nightmare sighed in relief. "My brother's just ran off again, do you mind helping us catch him?" Cross gaze a very puzzled expression. "I know, I know. It does sound weird." Nightmare said. "But you see he isn't really allowed outside."

"Understood your highness." Cross said before walking back down the steps and joining the flurry of people who were now standing underneath a tree.

It was a grand willow tree and it seemed that the people were too scared to go underneath the willows twisting vines. The people underneath started panicking trying to get the young prince out from the tree and safely back into the castle wall. Cross ventured through the vines and walked past them.

Upon making it to the clearing he looked up and instantly made eye contact with the prince. Who looked at him calmly as he was holding a book.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you hear before." Prince Dream said and somehow his voice entranced Cross, as it took him awhile to answer.

Cross shook his head. "Uh yes I am your majesty." He bowed.

Dream only smiled and put his book to the side. "No need for the formality." He said, swinging his legs other the branch. "Just call me Dream."

"Of course, Dream." Cross looked back up, seeing as though the sunshine glistened through the willow tree's vines and created a soft glow around Dream.