chapter nine : she's not who we thought

People kept trying to get Kat. Failing every single time. After a while of us keep having to bring Easdale, she just stayed on the bus since we would need her so many times since Kat is very violent. Easdale wasn't even in her nurse uniform. Just a black hoodie, black sneakers, and blue denim shorts.

It was slowly getting to my turn. Usually I'm not scared to do Taiyo work, but I'm not going to lie. I was scared. I didn't know Kat's power. She could have several. Because she blasted away Tsuki members, but she also used flying to attack Luke. Having several is a very rare thing in a fantasy. But just because it's rare doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

It was dark out. About 11 pm. Kat was in a house for a while. But then came out at 11 pm. 

" That's her. Hills and Rezneck. Go out toward the black van we have parked by an alley. Then try and grab her. " Takahashi spoke. He opened the bus doors.

I gave a loud sigh.

" Hey. Good luck out there. Don't get hurt. " Hestia grabbed my arm as I stood up off the seat. I looked back at her.

" Thanks. " I smiled and left to the front of the bus. 

" Aweee. " Went everyone in the bus.

" Oh shut up. " Hestia rolled her eyes. Like I said in chapter one, everyone thinks we like each other more then friends. When we really do not.

" Yeah listen to Hamilton. " I chuckled. Takahashi gave Grace and I black ski masks. We put them on and left to the black van. The back doors already open.

" You ready Hills? " Rezneck asked. She started shoving her long hair into her ski mask.

" Yep. I'm not going to lie I'm kinda scared. " I answered.

" If anything gets too scary just leave the job to me. " Rezneck replied.

" Thanks Rezneck. " I smiled. We waited there for a little. We knew Kat was going to be walking past this alley. So we could try and grab her.

It was silent. Everything was dark. The only light we had was the street lights. One every few meters. Kat was getting closer and closer. I could feel my heart rate go faster and faster. Something in my head was making me start to freeze up. I don't know why I was so scared. Things like this usually don't scare me. But this time it did.

I shook my head. Trying to snap out of it. I could do this. I had too.

Kat was almost here. Almost here..

She was here.

We jumped to grab her, Rezneck was about to put a back over her head. But then Kat turned around in my arms, and made eye contact with me. Her eyes went from light blue to neon red. She picked Rezneck up with what seemed to be like telekinesis and threw her to a wall at the end of the alley. Then made her come flying back and crashed Rezneck into the floor. She also ripped off Rezneck's ski mask.

I tried picking her up again to put her in the back van. She ripped my ski mask off my head, then her eyes went light blue and then neon red again. She shot webs onto my face. I let go of her and fell to the ground beside Rezneck.

" God. Why is everyone trying to kidnap me today? " Kat's eyes went back to light blue.

She just stood in front of us. Rezneck had a bloody nose and she had blood coming from her mouth. I could see that the water that turned your appearance normal didn't work on your insides because Rezneck's blood was still neon green.

" Wh-What? " Rezneck mumbled.

" Well first it was some Tsuki hit men trying to get me for the attack I did. And then after that so many people have been trying to kidnap me. And Carter, " Kat was explaining. As soon as she said my name my eyes widened. I was in shock she knew my name. " I thought you knew better. " 

" H-How do you know my name? " I started to rip the web off my head.

" You'd be surprised. " Kat backed up and started walking away.

Rezneck and I just laid there. The web was suffocating me. I was trying to get it off but I sadly couldn't. After a little Hestia, Luke, and a few of Rezneck's friends came running out to come get us. So did Easdale and Takahashi.

" Are you guys okay!? " Hestia asked in a panic. She went straight to me to try ripping off the webs on my slowly turning blue head and neck. 

" Kinda- " I felt like I could pass out from being afraid.

She somehow knew my name. And she somehow had more then two powers. Which is something I've never seen before. Flying, some sort of blast, telekinesis and webs. Weird.

" How the hell does this Kat girl have more then two powers. " Luke spoke, crossing his arms.

" I've seen anything like that. " Takahashi was looking into the sky. He looked focused.

Rezneck started screaming. We all looked to see why. Easdale had her hand hovering over Rezneck's body. Healing her. Because her insides were bleeding from Kat throwing her to a wall twenty meters into a wall. And also throwing her straight to the ground. But at least she was getting healed by Easdale. That was important.

After a bit Rezneck was healed, and Hestia got the webs off my face and neck so I could breathe. We went back into the bus. Luke sat in Hestia's old seat. They did have an argument and Takahashi did tell them to shut up. I was at the window side of Luke and I's old seat. Just staring out of the window and thinking. Even though people were screaming. After a bit of everyone screaming it did die down though. Takahashi went back to the drivers seat. Easdale and Rezneck were in their seats.

Hestia just sat down beside me.

" Hey, everything alright-? " Hestia asked. She looked at me. 

" Uhm. Depends. " I answered.

" Depends on what? " Hestia asked, raising an eyebrow.

" What kind of okay do you mean-? " I asked, trying to avoid talking about Kat knowing my name. She could of just heard Hestia or Luke saying it, but that doesn't sound right.

" All of them. " Hestia turned her body to face me. " Tell me, Carter. " 

" Fine. " I turned to face forward. " Kat- somehow knew my name. And it doesn't feel like she said it because she heard it. I asked how she knew it and she just replied with, 'you'd be surprised.' Like, could she be someone we know-? " 

Hestia took a breath.

" Wow. Maybe she knows you and that's why she turned on Tsuki. " Hestia laughed.

I smiled,

" Uh yeah sure that's totally whats happening. " I laughed.

We talked for about 20 more minutes after that. Luke just fell asleep in his spot. After a while of talking, Hestia rested her head on my shoulder.

" Comfortable? " I chuckled.

" Shut up you're a pillow now. " Hestia spoke. She closed her eyes.

I smiled and rested my head on top of hers. Falling asleep.

But this moment, doesn't mean anything.