chapter twenty-three : we're here

we looked around town for like twelve minutes, but than Vanille got impatient and made me call Takahashi so we could get the address. It took us like thirty minutes or so to walk to his house. It would have taken way less time, but downtown is always packed with people. No matter what time of day or night it is. There are just always stands to buy food, furniture, etc set up in the down town. 

I almost died of laughter when we walked in. Takahashi had his hair slicked back, he was wearing black cuffed jeans, a white button up t-shirt with a black tie. He looked like a hipster business man. He also had fake eye bags. 

Easdale had her hair in low pig tails, the blue streaks as strands in front of her face. she had a black mid-thigh skirt, black knee high socks, and a dark red long sleeve turtle neck shirt, tucked into her skirt. Easdale already had eye bags so no need for fake ones.

" Looks like we're all ready for Tsuki. " Easdale chuckled, looking at me.

" Carter I- " Hestia tried not to burst into laughter. " You look like a frat boy I can't- "

" But he looks like a Tsuki boy, I did a good job. " Vanille chuckled.

" Well yeah but he's just such a Taiyo boy- it's weird seeing him like this. " Hestia chuckled.

" I look hot, you're just jealous. " I crossed my arms and looked the other way, smiling. It felt wrong though. We shouldn't be having fun. We should be getting Luke. I can't let him fall because of us. The smile quickly left my face.

" You okay Hills? " Takahashi asked.

I bit my tongue and looked back at the group.

" We shouldn't be making jokes and laughing. We need to get Luke. " I replied. I left out of the door and started walking. Vanille, Hestia, Easdale and Takahashi followed.

" Mission save Luke, here we come. " Hestia stood next to me.

I could tell she was as scared as I was. Luke, Hestia and I have just been 'that friend group' for as long as anyone can remember. It's only been like four or five years. But those years feel like forever. But, in a good way. If Luke wines up dead because of Tsuki taking him since they want Vanille back, we'd basically be dead as well.

We walked for a while. To the Tsuki border. Takahashi didn't teleport us because than Tsuki members would be able to sense the magic and power of a Taiyo. So we didn't use our powers. Except Hestia and Vanille could use theirs.

As soon as we entered, it was like entering the underworld. Everything was built like Taiyo, except the moon was out. Everything was dark, streetlights twitching. Almost everything had a purple tint to it. Barely anyone was out. Like one or two people at most. Windows were broken, and there was blood on the sidewalks and roads.

This was the first time I've ever been in Tsuki. Ever. I was so used to being told that people is Tsuki are fine and just like us, but this side of town is scary. Its dark, and seems to be violent. I could have started crying but I didn't. I was scared that they already could have hurt Luke. I was always able to fight Tsuki members so easily, but their side of town just, makes me want to run away.

The group just kept walking down the sidewalk.

" Quick note, Tsuki is very different from Taiyo. In Taiyo in someone bumps into you, you apologize to each other. But here in Tsuki, you'd probably get into a fist fight. " Hestia explained.

" More insane people live in Tsuki.. " Vanille added. " Like Amelia. "

I chuckled, Vanille turned to me and shushed me. She than went back to just walking. Hestia stopped, followed by Vanille and everyone else. Vanille and Hestia turned to look at Easdale, Takahashi and I.

" We need to make a plan, and I already have an idea in mind. " Hestia explained.

" Shoot it. " Easdale crossed her arms.

" Okay, so Carter and Vanille will go into the school. Saying they want Luke, and Vanille is willing to join Tsuki again. " Hestia explained.

" Alright.. " I noted.

Hestia continued explaining the plan. It was pretty simple we walked for a whiles longer till we were a few blocks away from the school. Hestia, Takahashi and Easdale went around to the back of the school. Vanille and I went to the doors.

My hands were shaking. I, myself was shaking. Time almost felt like it was slowing down. It was getting harder to breathe. I knew what was happening to myself but I couldn't let a panic attack happen. We had to save Luke. If we didn't, he could die. 

Vanille grabbed my hand and looked at me. I guess breathing through my mouth was more noticeable than I thought.

" Luke's going to be okay Carter. We're going to save him. This will be a good ending. " Vanille looked a little worried. But barely. She lived in Tsuki for a while so she knew how people were like here.

I nodded and smiled.

Vanille smiled back, she looked back at Tsuki and the smile left her face. We continued walking to the doors.

Vanille hesitated to press the buzzer, I could almost tell what she was thinking. She was scared to enter the school. We were both scared. Fear isn't usually an emotion we feel when it comes to war with Tsuki. But the fights are getting more serious and more violent the more time goes on. Taiyo and Tsuki have been at war for years. Trying to take each other over. Just no one has succeeded yet.

Vanille looked at the buzzer for a few more seconds. With worry in her eyes. Vanille took a deep breath and finally pressed the buzzer. It glitched for a second but than buzzed. Opening the doors to Tsuki. Our rival school.