Chapter 23

It's been two months since Chaeyoung went to Lisa's place. The blonde shows no improvement aside from the fact that she ate on time, but only when Chaeyoung was around.

Although Lisa talked normally, you'll still notice that something wasn't in sync on her. She was clingy, like a child afraid of getting alone in a dark place.

In each time Chaeyoung needs to leave, she needed an hour of discussion with Lisa that she will be back after work. That she will be back after getting clothes on her home. Lisa seemed to lost her comprehension about it. They always argue.

"You'll leave me, again and again and again" Lisa complained. Chaeyoung found it stressing but she understands.

"And I'll be back again and again and again" Chaeyoung copied Lisa's way of arguing. The blonde gave her a stern look. Chaeyoung was stopping herself from laughing.

"You're like a child" Lisa mumbled, hugging her knees. Chaeyoung sighed when she saw the bones of Lisa's knees. It was painfully apparent.

"Lisa, I need to work so I can buy the things that you need" Chaeyoung sit on her knees to level with Lisa.

"I don't need anything" Lisa hid her face on her arms.

"I. want. you. here. with. me." Lisa said not looking at Chaeyoung. No matter how Chaeyoung keep on denying to herself, it made her heart flutter.

"Let's make a deal" Chaeyoung said and Lisa immediately looked at her.

"What" Lisa replied shortly.

"How about you eat alot and on time, so you'll gain weight? And I'll be sta-" Chaeyoung stopped when Lisa looked at her like she said the most stupidest idea.

"Nah" Lisa dismissed her. Chaeyoung might be seemed desperate but Lisa's phsyique was bothering her alot. She was still unhealthy thin.

For numerous times that she went back from her office to here, she always found Lisa's plate untouched or in trash bin.

And it wasn't a rare occurrence to see Lisa crying soundlessly, mostly at night. Worst was when, Lisa will cry at the middle of doing anything. It broke Chaeyoung's heart too.

Would it be a sin if I wanted to give Irene slaps representing the whole Seoul? Chaeyoung asked herself.

"Give it a try, Lili" Chaeyoung sadly said.

That nick name calmed Lisa's internal battles.

Chaeyoung was excited to see the clock presents Five o'clock. Two minutes. Chaeyoung muttered. She felt her face skin being oily so she quickly grab some blotting paper on her bag.

"Calm down" Junkook said chuckling as he saved Chaeyoung from tripping.

"Thanks, I'm in hurry. Bye kookie" Chaeyoung said and he gave her friend a small hand wave. Jungkook gave her a salute sign while smiling.

Chaeyoung walked fastly towards the parking lot. She needed to buy dinner for them two. She decided to buy some sumo meal at Japanese restaurant near her office.

"Joy?" Chaeyoung called out the lady who had a California maki on her plate.

"Chae?" Joy said, not hiding her precious smile upon seeing her friend.

They rarely see their friends, especially the two of them. Adulting. Over the time, the bickering of them two turned into matured conversations.

"Are you with Jisoo?" Joy asked.