(Y/n) [Part 2]

No one's p.o.v

The girl, Mirabelle, had her eyes widen as she looks at Arnold, then sighs saying "you're right... (Y/n), I'm sorry for some of the stuff you've heard. You probably are a completely different person at school, see ya in the future.. maybe." Arnold didn't think it'd be that easy, but the words Mirabelle said went through his head. (Y/n) nervously laughed and says "I can explain" so they went to a grassy hill, looking at other kids play. Helga was hiding behind a tree as she was jealous at how close (Y/n) and Arnold got over three years.

(Y/n) sighed and says "Arnold, do you know what an orphanage is??" Arnold nods his head "yeah, why??" (Y/n) sighs and looks at children with their parents. Arnold does the same, they're both feeling sad, about them barely knowing their parents. "Well, I live in one" (Y/n) says as she feels the grass under her hand, loving the feeling right now. Arnold's eyes widen as he looks at (Y/n), but she continued "kids there are so mean towards me. I didn't do a thing, all I did was want to make new friends, which is why I go to school."

Arnold looks at the grass as (Y/n) says "they heard about me making friends, so I started to get picked on, saying they're not my true friends. Out of it all, I guess it got to me since I consider whoever I help as a new potential best friend. So... that's why I haven't been smiling as much as I usually do" (Y/n) looks up at Arnold sadly. Arnold side smiles saying "I can see where you're coming from... I haven't seen my parents since I was a baby. They left to go on an adventure, promised they would come back..... but they haven't yet."

(Y/n) gasped and put her hand over her mouth "I'm so sorry!" (Y/n) says and hugs Arnold, he tensed, having not hug many of his friends. So he smiled and hugged (Y/n) back "don't listen to those kids, they'll come around" Arnold says softly.

-third grade-

(Y/n) listened to Arnold's advice, but she realized she could help them too, so she did and made friends basically wherever she went now. She helped some of the people Arnold accidentally looked over somehow, then also hung out with a lot of people. Right now she's remembering that she's the reason Helga met Phoebe, and the reason Arnold met Gerald. Her smile grew as she realized she made some people best friends without even knowing it. After a bit though, she started to think, she's in third grade now! Will she ever get adopted? She hopes so.

Despite wanting to know her parents, she just wants parental figures for once, sure there's adults in the orphanage, but they focus on the younger ones. (Y/n) helps them out every now and again, but she realized something.... she could do community service. With that she signed herself up to help people at an old folks home, which was really fun. She got to gossip with some of them, she got to dance, she helped them see glass half full. She helps them every Friday, so she hangs out with friends after school and Saturdays.

Sundays she hangs out with friends at the orphanage, so her schedule is basically always busy, and she realized she has made a big impact on peoples lives. Just like Arnold has made impacts on some kids' lives, not to mention how he made an impact on her life. Around second grade, after their hug, (Y/n) grew feelings for Arnold, but kept them hidden. Gerald knew, so he roots for them to get together at some point, if Helga wasn't always so jealous. Phoebe noticed that Helga likes Arnold, so she told Gerald one time when they were hanging out.

Gerald told Phoebe about (Y/n) also liking Arnold, so this is an important thing to remember.... don't trust Phoebe with secrets to keep from Helga.

-fourth grade-

A lot of stuff happened during fourth grade, Arnold and (Y/n) were known as the greatest helpers, not to mention known by the kid generation. They've helped so many people with their problems, but Gerald got to help (Y/n) one day. Phoebe accidentally told Helga about (Y/n) liking Arnold, so Helga was beyond furious. Helga basically threw rocks at a dumpster as she mumbled stuff about (Y/n) under her breath. Then (Y/n) wanted to hang out with Helga, not knowing that she knew about her crush.

(Y/n) knew that Helga likes Arnold, so she didn't say a thing about him, just let Helga be Helga, even though she was jealous over their moments. Either way, she found Helga at the dumpster throwing rocks and smiled as she went over to her. "Hey Helga" (Y/n) says happily as she put her hands behind her back, Helga stood straight at (Y/n)'s voice. Helga's hands went into fists as she stood there "how's my number one friend doing?" (Y/n) asked happily. Helga turned to look at (Y/n) with her glare "how do you think I'm doing?!" Helga asked angered.

The helpful girl jumped at Helga's question as she stuttered out "w-what??" Helga just growls saying "I know about your little crush on Arnoldo. And I want you to leave him alone, got that?!" Helga grabbed the front of (Y/n)'s shirt and raised her fist. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as she says "I-I can't do that, he's also my best friend Helga, you know that. He'd question why I won't hang out with him-" Helga punched (Y/n), which made her stumble back. "Then we aren't friends anymore!" Helga says and stomps her way out of the alley.

(Y/n) looked at where Helga walked off and felt tears start to come to her eyes as she stood there, knowing she just lost the first friend she ever made. Helga was sad that she lost (Y/n) as a friend, but was also mad that a friend wouldn't back off of her crush. With that they never talked, but (Y/n) was still sitting in the alley crying as she sat against the wall. Arnold was hanging out with Gerald as they walked and talked together, when they heard the crying. They share a look, then go to see who's crying, knowing they can't just hear it and continue walking.

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood