Planning

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

-the next day-

I was happier than usual for today, after eating breakfast with the family... and Arnold, I was walking out the door with him and we see Gerald. "(Y/n)?! What are you doing here??" Gerald asks shocked as we do the handshake before he and Arnold could. Arnold playfully elbows me saying "she finally got adopted" Gerald smiles big saying "no way. That's awesome!" With that we start walking and I say "yeah, Suzie and Oskar wanted a kid. And I apparently caught their attention" we start getting by the old folks home, so I stop walking.

The two look at me confused, but Arnold looked at where we are and smiles as he nods in understanding "she's already where she needs to be. She helps the people here" Arnold informs Gerald for me, Gerald looks up and his eyes widen a bit. He looks back at me saying "you're one bold kid, (Y/n)" I shrug my shoulders saying "eh, I try. Anyways, I'll see you guys later to help out with Monkeyman's house" we wave our goodbye, and I go inside. The elderly were happy to see me, but I went to the one that's always in a corner by himself.

"Still a bad day, Jorge??" I ask him as I grab his favorite pudding cup from a tray that was going by from one of the workers. Jorge just groans and waves me off.... after he grabbed the pudding though, so I laugh a little. Then I start going to the rest of the elderly, they're all happy to talk with me, tell me about their day. They also told me the recent gossip... so it's basically my normal week, but a bit better since it's the beginning of summer.

-time skip-

Walking to the river where we we're building the house I see a green... packard? Oh it's grandpa with Arnold and Gerald with supplies. I go over to them and say "anything I can do to help??" They all smile and happily say "(Y/n)!" "The one and only." Gerald then says "of course you can help" Arnold nods saying "yeah, we're starting to just starting to do the floor. You can-"

-time skip to a week later because I can't do every single day since this movie is long-

"Where once was a dirty urban riverbank, we provided a comfortable floating dwelling for one" I say as Arnold holds up the sign he made. Arnold then motions up to the house saying "as well as a habitat for the local bird life" Gerald moves the camera. Up there is Monkeyman as he looks happy, but he also yelled out his name... like he usually does. Gerald then says "great, guys! Now I just shoot some more angles of our awesome completed habitat." I smile and was about to say something, but we hear a bunch of hobo people walk past us.

They start complaining about the stuff that we used, and they start tearing down the little home "no!" I yell and start running to the house. Before I could get to it I felt a hand on my shoulder, I look back and see Arnold right there as he holds me back. Struggling is all I could do as we see the rope that tied the house to land snaps and it floats off. I fall to my knees and groan in frustration, but feel Arnold's hand leave my shoulder. He moved his hand because he's walking away while looking down, so I look down too... feeling sadness.

"Hey Arnold - where ya goin?" Gerald asks out, so I just shake my head as Arnold answers out with "that was my last chance to find my parents." Arnold just kept walking, but Gerald starts trying to go after Arnold, so I grab his wrist. Gerald looks back at me, so I look up at him saying "let's give him some space" Gerald sighs and nods in understanding. I get help up from him as we start walking the opposite way, it was quiet for a few minutes. The silence got interrupted as we got to the hot dog stand by the arcade and Gerald finally decides to talk.

"All either of you two want is to see your parents, huh??" Gerald asks, I felt myself freeze at the question 'I mean, yeah I thought about it. But at least Arnold knows where to start, I don't even know if mine are alive, or if they even want me.' "(Y/n)?" Gerald asks interrupting my thoughts, I smile and say "you know Arnold, always hoping for the best. His parents are out there, and I know it!! We'll find them.. one way or another-" an idea just came to me. Gerald shakes his head saying "you always put others before yourself, girl... what about-" "Gerald, I just got an idea."

He looks at me with a hopeful look in his eyes "what's that??" "You know how Helga is hopelessly in love with Arnold??" "Yeah. What about it?-" "there's something else you don't know about this girl, but it's gonna help. She's the stalker type of crusher, so she has a bunch of videos of Arnold being selfless!" "Oh my gosh." "Yeah, I-" "Helga is a stalker?!" "No! I mean, yes - but I mean we can use those videos for the contest. We can still win this!" Gerald smiles big at my thinking, but I add "but she won't help if she knows I'm trying to help him."

Gerald raises an eyebrow at me, so I add "you already know how we both like him, she won't help if she knows I'm trying to help him." Gerald starts to think, but I smile big and say "Phoebe, the girl that helps Helga with everything. Even if it means stalking a kid... we go to her, and she can get us in!" "In where??" "You'll see." "You realize we could just wait - it's Helga, she'll want to help Arnold so she won't have to feel guilty about him." I think on what Gerald says, sigh, and say "okay, then I can't be a part of it, or she'll completely back out."

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood