Rope Bridge

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

It was at this point he's letting my feet dangle in the air as he continues "I can see it now: 'Hidden-City Land'!" I can also see everyone glaring at him. One of the kids threw a small knife into his back, he groans as he glares back at one of them. "How dare you?!" He asks out angered as he grabs the knife and still has me in his hold. Lasombra walks towards the girl in charge as I still struggle, but the other kids tackled him down. "Let my best friend go!" Helga and Gerald yell as they jump on Lasombra too, even Arnold joined in.

Arnold finally got both me and the satchel out of Lasombra's hold, so I instinctively grab the satchel and hold it like it's my own. Lasombra somehow gets out from under the children as he glares at Arnold and I with his sword in hand. He's growling as he walks towards the two of us, having his arm around me and the sword to my throat. I lean back in his hold as my eyes widen at this "let her go!" "If you try anything, she gets it." Arnold puts his hands down as the girl in charge says "cas dequa!" Everyone backed off at that.

Lasombra looks around at the children saying "I can see we're not wanted here, Arnold - vámonos!" I get lifted up as Arnold runs after us. "No!" Arnold yells as Lasombra continues to carry me "you won't get away with this!" I yell out. Lasombra laughs saying "'No'? I need you partner!" "(Y/n)!" Helga yells out worriedly. "You'll be okay!!" Gerald yells out, but I know his voice faltered a bit as he said that, Arnold is hot on our tail though. After running for a bit we found ourselves at some type of rope bridge, he hesitated for a moment.

"Come on" Lasombra says and grabs me by the satchel and pulls me behind him, Arnold is still following after us to make sure I'm okay. "(Y/n), don't worry, I'm coming!" Arnold says as he's only a few steps behind Lasombra and I. Shaking my head I say "Arnold, you're falling for his trick, he's only taking me to get to you." "Then it's working, because I'm not leaving you-" "(Y/n)!" "Stop!" Helga and Gerald yell out. Arnold looks back as he continues to follow us saying "guys wait, don't!" He tried to warn them.

Helga is already complaining under her breath as Gerald is just probably questioning his own life while following after us. When we finally reached the other side Lasombra made me get down to the ground, but I didn't let go of the satchel. Arnold gasps and says "(Y/n)! Are you okay??" I look up to see Lasombra about to cut the bridge. I gasp and hand Arnold the satchel as I jump and grab Lasombra's arm saying "go back!" The two scream scared. They tried to hang onto the bridge out of fear, but the bridge is so old that one of the ropes already snapped.

Now they're dangling over a very high drop as they look down, the entire side of the bridge on the other side finally snaps and the two are barely hanging on. "Helga, Gerald! Hang on!" Arnold and I yell as we look over the edge, Lasombra just starts laughing. Then he grabs Arnold, so I start trying to pull the other two up, but I have the most weakest strength ever. It also doesn't help that I haven't gotten that good of sleep or all that much food ever in a while. "I know it's been a while since we've hung out, but this is just ridiculous!" Helga yells out scared.

I groan as I say "yeah yeah, I'm trying my best here!!" I'm still trying to pull them up, but it's hard... 'man, if only I worked out more.' Groaning I feel myself fall flat on my stomach as I say "I'm too weak!" "I blame you always eating sugary treats. Mm-mm-mm! Those don't help with anything!" Gerald yells out, so I roll my eyes "oh be quiet." With that I see them both climbing up, so I roll onto my back to catch my breath for a second. It's a good thing that I did go on my back since Lasombra started to walk back exactly where I was.

He fell all the way down "I wanna un-see that!" Gerald says as they finally get close enough for us to pull them up, so I stand back up. "Grab my hand!" Arnold and I yell out as I put our hand out for one of them, Helga barely grabs my hand. Gerald also got Arnold's hand as we're trying to pull them up "pull!" Gerald yells out scared. We're both trying to pull them up, but Arnold and I are having some difficulty with this. "I'm trying!" We both answer out to the two, so Helga yells out "try harder!" Arnold then fell. My eyes widen as I try to keep my footing 'if I get Helga, then we can each try and pull one of them up, then we can pull the last one up.'

Helga's hand slipped from my hold as she barely grabbed onto Arnold's shoulders, my body is shaking as I go over to Gerald. "Come on, I'll try to get you up instead!" I say and grab his hand, he's more heavy than Helga though. We're groaning, but my footing slipped "dude, I'm slipping!" I say as my legs gave out on me. I scream as I fall, but barely grab onto Gerald's shoulders, he's looking like he's struggling to hang on. Yet I look at Arnold sadly 'this is the end...' I think to myself as I look at him, he looks like he's thinking the same thing.

We're sharing a sad look until a rope got in our view "come on up, mijos!" The man says "who's that?" Arnold asks out. I then answer with Gerald "who cares?" Then I grab onto the rope right after him so I wouldn't fall. We all start climbing up the rope, he even helped us up once we got into his reach, and I instantly leaned against the dirt wall. Panting a bit as I look up "wait a minute..." I mumble as this actually looks like Arnold's parents' long lost friend. "Aren't you?..." Gerald asks after hearing me, Arnold looks back with a smile "Eduardo!" He says happily.

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood