Escaping

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

-short time skip-

I woke up to a sudden jump, my eyes widen as I sit up, feeling Arnold close behind me, but when he sat up it made me fall off the bed. Being majorly confused I look up to see Gerald and Helga "what the-" Gerald puts his hands over my mouth. I furrow my eyebrows confused "shhh!" Gerald and Helga whisper out in unison, so I nod. "What are you guys doing here?" I whisper ask out, Gerald helps me up whispering "we're your rescue committee." Arnold then whispers while looking down sadly "I thought you guys hated us" I look to the side sadly too.

Helga whispers with "of course everyone hates you, buckos, but we've gotta bust Arnold out of here and find those 'Green-Eyes' if we wanna save ourselves." Arnold then whispers out "but what can we do? Lasombra won..." I furrow my eyebrows at him. 'I can't take this' I think to myself as I push Helga away from saying what she was gonna say to him. "Don't give up now! Your optimism is one of your most powerful qualities" I whisper out with my hand on his shoulder. Arnold looks down at my hand with a small blush, so I blush too and remove it while nervously scratching behind my neck.

My voice got caught in my throat, so Helga pulled me to my feet and sat by Arnold saying "besides, after the Green-Eyes help us, they might have some information on your parents." Arnold looks like he finally has his faith restored as he looks at us with a smile saying "come on." We all went towards the guard that has the key, he has it right in our reach, but we can't wake him up. Arnold tries to get the key, but the guard holding them almost wakes up, and that almost wakes up the other guard. Arnold tries again, but the same thing happens, so he looked like he was about to give up again.

"Grandpa said this would come in handy" Arnold says and pulls out his stapler, my eyes widen as I grab out the book I got from Suzie. Arnold goes to make the switch, and he actually got the key, so he quietly unlocks the cage door. We walk past the sleeping guards, but the one that doesn't have the stapler wakes up instantly. Which woke the other one up and throw the stapler by Helga, so we look at them shocked. "Hmm? Oh... What-" one of the guard says as the other grabs out his walkie-talkie, so I lift up my book.

Helga must've lifted up the stapler and we both hit one of the guards out cold, both men fell down to the ground, I smirk softly at this. I share a look with Helga as we fist bump, but she is the first to say "grandpa was right, Football-head." "Suzie was too" I answer out too, Arnold looks at us shocked and Gerald is the one to shake his head. "Sometimes I forget you two were best friends, then (Y/n) does stuff like this - and I remember." I shrug my shoulders and Helga smirks more saying "that just means I influence, (Y/n) a lot."

We finally start sneaking our way towards the exit, but when we got to the other cage I stop and Arnold noticed that as we both look back. Phoebe is standing right there as she gives us an encouraging thumbs up, then she looks to Nadine. I smile and motion Arnold to keep going, so we do and actually get to run right out of the gate. We continue running without looking back, at least until we found cover behind a big rock for all four of us. Gerald is the closest to the side, so he peers his head out first, then I did, and Arnold.

No one was in sight "we did it-" "we're free" Gerald says right after me, then he looks back at us and holds out both of his fists. I smile and look at Arnold, we all hold out two fists and do our handshake as Arnold is smiling. "Thanks for not giving up on me, Gerald... you too (Y/n)" Arnold says with his soft smile. I wipe away a tear after that, but Helga screams a bit as she steps out by our sides while holding her hand. "Then, now that you dragged us San Nowhere-zo, how do we find these Green-Eyes?" Helga asks out.

Arnold then digs in his bag saying "don't worry, I have a map" we look at the map and he continues with "and according to my dad's journal, the Green-Eyes live somewhere around here." I smile as I grab the book saying "come on" Arnold laughs and says "yeah!" After a minute the other two follow too. We continued following the map, Arnold and I being the only one's to actually find our way. At least until we got to a waterfall "so, how do we get past this waterfall?" Gerald asks out for us. I grab out the map as Arnold says "okay, my guess is that we're..." he looks at me, so I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know" we both answer out while looking at Gerald and Helga, Helga's eyes widened as she looks at Arnold. "Hey, Football-head, your shirt is glowing!" Helga informs us, so I look at his shirt just like he does. 'Okay, is it weird when someone's chest starts to glow green??' I think confused with wide eyes. Arnold takes out this weird thing as he asks "what? Because it's next to the map??" I look at what he sees. A big smile grows on my face as I say "look! It's a key!" Arnold nods happily saying "there's a hidden path behind the waterfall!" We share a smiling look.

Then we realize how this must've looked and look away from the other nervously as we stand back up to get behind the hidden path. I'm by Arnold's side as I help him read the map, correcting him whenever he goes down a wrong path. Helga pushed me aside as she started to question Arnold, so I roll my eyes and go towards Gerald. We're both looking at this long thing of vines, share a look, then pull some vines down as the two argue. Gerald looks back saying "did I hear someone mention a giant eyeball?" The two finally stop arguing.

Tbc

Okay that's it my wonderful foodies~ Now I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood