Chapter 11: Closure

(Only goes up from here tbh, USJ (I did a filler support gear first) happens next, which I'm writing extremely carefully, I want it to be perfect.)

I was roaming the streets on a gloomy night.
I wasn't keeping track of time.
I only had one thing on my mind.

What is her name?

It felt like the only thing holding me back. I've made peace that the reaper is dead and will never hurt me again.

Hell even being tortured by him I was coping fairly well, but seeing her dead body being mauled was like knives flying at super-speed towards me. Knives I can't pull out. Forever stabbed into the heart. I'd say 'my heart' but it isn't. It's just a faint shadow of what I use to own.

I looked around and bingo I saw a skyscraper. I honestly had no idea where I was. I just walked towards the lights over the horizon. I probably walked a long distance without realising, just focusing on my thoughts.

The building was a hotel, it seemed they were doing construction on the roof because there was a crane up there.

I walked into a lobby which was somewhat empty. I walked over to the elevator.

"Hey, you! Stop! Why are you covered in blood? Are you o-" the security guard said worried and in an authoritative tone before the elevator door cut him off.

I let out a massive exhale. This honestly should have been my first sign to stop.
But I wouldn't. I need this.

I took the elevator to the 65th floor, the highest I could go. The elevator itself would be quite calming. If I wasn't planning to jump off this building. Calming elevator music, gold plated, mirrors I avoided looking into.

It took quite a while. I was starting to get nervous, and my thoughts ran wild about earlier events.

All Might was given his power?
And offered me it...

No Izuku.

I can become a hero, without his help.

Right?

Well.. My power is useless to be a hero.

Ding.

The doors opened to a residential floor will millions of doors. I went looking for the fire stairs, nothing else on my mind.

I was determined.

Once I found them I started running up flights and flights of stairs.

There are hidden floors? Strange.

The thought passed as I heard footsteps ten flights down. I knew I had to be quick.

Great.

The doors locked. Of course, it would be, why did I think anything else?

The door seemed worn down, rusty hinges and A simple lock, I knew how to lock pick but didn't have anything to do so.

I didn't let that stop me. I kept kicking the lock, but it wouldn't budge, I kicked the hinges and one actually came undone.

The other hinge took a little more but reluctantly came down. With a thud.

There was an empty rooftop pool, I've never actually tried drowning before. I've heard it was quite peaceful, but if it didn't work ill just be stuck like that until someone pulls me out. That would be embarrassing and hard to explain.

They had suicide prevention nets on the roof.

I'd wish the cutting my wrist was enough to trigger the void, apparently, people find comfort in the pain, but what's the point if it doesn't hurt?