CH. 24

Kylie Jones

I went straight to bed after the whole ordeal with Charlie. A part of me wanted to explain my reasoning to Damon for not visiting them earlier. If I had the chance back then, I would have considered it further. 

The first time I stepped a foot in LA after being kidnapped was a year after I killed Anatoly. Jake had me follow one of his distributors who kept skimming product from him. Being so close to my childhood home had kept me discussing with myself back and forth about giving them some sort of clue about my survival. 

When I arrived at LAX, I nearly ran directly into my father. The whole ordeal had me so shaken up that I ran and hid from him. If I was going to announce my presence, it would be because I chose to, not because I was forced to. 

Having recently killed off the Irish mob as well made the decision easy. If they were to ever find out about my involvement in Sean's death, the whole mob would target me. The MC would be collateral in the hunt they would arrange. 

The second reason was Alex. I enjoyed working for him, having the ability to travel to what ever country I wanted. He kept my monster's blood-lust satisfied, something the club couldn't offer. I didn't really believe they would condone it either. 

Having drastically changed from the naive little girl I was raised to be was bound to create some issues. The MC was a fully functioning club, firm believers in the man's world they had created. It wasn't the time for me sassing my way into that. 

When I first arrived it didn't even feel like home. I had grew up here, but there was nothing here for me. My home was with Alex for the time being, considering I didn't have anyone after me. 

I was bound to travel when they got to close to me. The lifestyle was tiering to say the least, always having to look over my shoulder for a counter attack. The constant feeling of being hunted had me living in a state of fight or flight. It usually came to fighting.

It didn't really matter to me though. I loved living on the edge. The constant surge of adrenaline had me exited being hunted. Waking up every morning, hoping that someone would finally find me only to get disappointed if it didn't happen. 

Anatoly had destroyed me in that matter. The naive little girl had quickly faded as a cold-blooded killer had swept in to take her place. I vividly remember the lessons he taught me, seducing, pleasuring, killing. 

The sound of his voice kept haunting me every time I closed my eyes. It came in handy at times, like the one time I got caught by the Triad. They held me captive for months, actively trying to get me talking. 

I had several scars to prove the efforts they made. The tattoos on my body had hidden most of them as I got older. If you looked closely enough or ran your fingers over them, you could feel the bumps and ridges splattered over my body. 

The Triad had been consistent with their efforts, keeping a certain schedule of several torture methods. They never attacked in one place only to chose a different part of my body to destroy. 

I had been close to death several times during my vacation with them. They kept brining me back to life only to beat me close to it again. Anatoly had been yapping in my head the entire time, telling me that pain was a dream. The pain would have no effect on me if I didn't embrace it. 

To be honest, I would have died if Anatoly didn't consistently train me how to overcome pain. Fooling the Triad, making them believe I was dead, only to surprise them with a killer right hook had been exhilarating.