Chapter 6: After The Fight

Shindou's POV:

After the mission of assassinating Echo, everything was alright. I continued training because I couldn't forget about what happened back in the fight. I was knocked out and everyone else was injured. I clenched my fist and calmed down.

"I won't let that happen," I said in my mind.

I clicked the button and holograms appeared. I went into a fighting stance and got ready to fight. I fired projectiles from my staff and hit some of the robots while the other dodges. One of the robots had a sword and tried to slash me, but I blocked his attack with my staff. I pushed him back and fired a beam by slashing downwards. It knocked down the robot and I heard footsteps coming at me from behind. I knew it was another hologram, so I backflipped and the hologram went past me. I fired projectiles and it hit the hologram, it was now down. I looked around and a lot of holograms were charging at me. I charged my staff up and swung my staff from left to right, creating a wave that looked like a staff (or stave/ the lines you see on music sheets) with some music notes.

After I took out all of the enemies, I went to the bench and took a break. As I was taking some breaths, I heard someone walking towards my direction and sensed a familiar aura. I looked and saw Kirino. He was wearing his casual wear.

"Kirino," I said.

He smiled in response.

"Training hard again?" Kirino asked as he went to me and sat next to me.

"Yeah, still trying to make some improvements," I replied.

"You know you shouldn't overwork yourself too much, not to mention the work that's still needed to be done later, regarding some files you wanted to study and check," Kirino said as he grabbed something from his bag.

I just smiled in response a bit as I replied, "I appreciate the concern but, I'll manage, so don't worry."

"Well, I'll still help out with the workload so we can finish it and come up with something to resolve it quicker," Kirino responds before handing me a water bottle and a towel.

"Here, you'll need it," Kirino said as he smiles back.

"Arigato," I said as I got the towel and water.

After I drank some water, I looked at the training ground and smiled as I remembered when me and Kirino took the exam.

"Hey Kirino," I said and he looked at me with a bit of a confused look.

"Remember the time when we took the entrance exam?" I asked.

"Yeah, in the parkour test, I almost fell and failed the exam. But then you grabbed my hand and prevented me from falling. I still owe you something," Kirino said as he smirked, remembering that time.

"You already paid me back though, in the fighting test, when I was about to be out, you saved me from getting 'killed'," I replied as I smirked back.

*I haven't explained the exam so here it goes.*

Each examinee will be given a device that glows four different colors. Green means still alive, Yellow is injured meaning like your supposedly to bleed, Orange is near death, And Red means you died, Yellow and Orange are used in the second and mostly in the final test. It has a good detection so like when you get stabbed in the arm the device will glow yellow. Don't worry no one actually gets killed or hurt. There can be as many examinees that can participate.

Parkour test - It will most likely be a race, they will go through simple parkour, wall jump parkour, rooftop parkour, and other things, while avoiding some obstacles. When they reach the end they will have to press the button. The bottom floor is covered with mattresses so no one would get hurt. But when you fall from a high place and land on the mattress, the mechanism will glow red. Half way through, you'll be given two paths to choose from, one being easier but longer while the other is way difficult but its a shortcut.