Chapter 8: Puppy trouble

A week later.

Third POV:

A man with blonde hair, brown eyes, and wearing a black hood and gray dull blue pants jumped from rooftop to rooftop with Shinsuke and Kageyama chasing him wearing their assassin uniforms with their hoods on. Kageyama tried shooting the guy, but he kept dodging. The two assassins continued chasing the man with difficulty. The man looked back and grinned.

"What's wrong? having difficulty chasing me kids?" the man shouted, he then look forward and jumped through a window in an abandoned building.

Kageyama and Shinsuke followed and kept chasing the man. They realized, they're almost in the spot where Tenma and Tsurugi will ambush the man. They smirked and shared a look with each other. Shinsuke touched his earpiece and called Tenma.

"Tenma, he's almost there, a few meters and he should arrive soon," Shinsuke said.

"Hai!" Tenma said and turned off the earpiece.

Tenma grabbed his second sword and looked over at Tsurugi. Tenma nodded and he nodded back. He looked over at Kariya's spot and did some sign language, Kariya nodded in response when he saw Tenma's sign language. They looked below and waited. The man arrived at their area and Kariya brought out his strings.

"Now!" Tenma shouted.

This caught the man off guard, Kariya came out of hiding and jumped at the man. He fired some strings at him but missed. The man smirked.

"You missed," the man said.

Kariya smirked and said, "are you sure about that."

Kariya moved his hands in a motion and the strings surrounded the man. Kariya pulled and the strings tied the man.

"What the-" he was interrupted when he looked up and saw Tsurugi and Tenma dashing towards him.

Tsurugi and Tenma slashed at the man and blood came out of him. The man soon turned to ashes and Kariya retracted his strings back into his gloves. He went to Tenma and Tsurugi and soon Kageyama and Shinsuke arrived.

"Did the plan worked?" Kageyama asked as he and Shinsuke put down their hoods.

"Hai," Tsurugi said as he smirked a little.

"Ah, good thing," Shinsuke said sighing in relief

"Let's get back to base. I challenged Cole in training, our duel would begin once we get back and rested up," Kariya said.

"Yeah let's get back," Tenma said with a smile.

The four other assassins faced the direction of the base and jumped up to try to go to the rooftops. Tenma was about to do the same when he heard something. He looked at the direction where the sound was coming from and realized it was coming from the alleyway. Tsurugi and Shinsuke looked at Tenma and saw he was looking at the alleyway.

"Tenma is something wrong?" Tsurugi asked.

Tenma didn't respond and heard the sound again. It sounded like a puppy. Something didn't feel right.

"I'll be right back, I need to go check something," Tenma said and then started running to the alleyway.

"Tenma, wait up!" Shinsuke said and he went down to follow his friend.

The others saw this and followed them.

Tenma's POV:

As I ran down the alley, the sound was getting louder and louder. When I arrived at the source, I looked around and saw a pile of boards, it was coming from there. I went over to it and started to lift the boards. After removing some boards, I saw a puppy with white and teal like fur. I gently grabbed it and saw a small wound on its side. I sat down and grabbed some bandages in my pocket. I then patched up the wound and smiled.