Chapter 20: Predator and Prey

Third POV:

Theme: Inhuman side
By: Maritumix

"Hehehe, since you guys are in here, it will be much harder for you," Ki said.

"Be quiet," Kurama said and threw one of his saws at him.

But Ki jumped up and dodged the saw and went into the vents. And Kurama retrieved his weapon.

"What the," Leo said.

Ki then went out of the vents and was behind Hayami. Ki tried to slash him but Hayami notices and barely dodges. Hayami tries to slash Ki with his sword, but Ki backs off, making him dodge the attack. Kurama throws his weapon, trying to hit Ki, but he jumped up and goes into a vent.

"Seriously?!" Kurama said as he retrieved his saw again.

"Everyone, stay on high alert, he could pop out of nowhere," Tsurugi said.

They looked around trying to find him, but then Ki came out and tried to slash Leo. But Leo uses his metal claws to block Ki's attack. Hayami was close by so he tried to slash Ki, so Ki pushed Leo back and blocks Hayami's sword. Hamano charged at Ki and tried to slash him, but Ki grabbed Hayami by the arm and put him in front of himself so that Hayami would get slash instead. Although, Hamano manages to stop himself, Ki then kicks Hayami towards Hamano causing them to get sent back. Kurama then got ready to throw one of his saws at Ki, but Ki noticed it and grabbed a nearby chair. He then quickly tosses it at the same time the saw was thrown, making the saw and chair hit each other and fall on the ground. While at it, Ki took the opportunity to quickly charge at Kurama. When he was infront of Kurama, he slashed, Kurama barely blocked and back up a bit, making him get scratched at the arm. Ki then did a kick to Kurama, making Kurama get sent back. Leo charges and tries to slash Ki, but Ki keeps on dodging. Then Ki saw an opportunity, so he grabs Leo's arm and tries to stab Leo in the head with his metal claws. But Leo moved his head away, causing the blade to graze his face. Leo then tried to stab Ki, but Ki dodges and throws Leo over his shoulder, sending Leo flying to a pillar. Tsurugi and Hayami then charges at Ki and tries to slash him, but Ki jumps up and into a vent again, causing Tsurugi and Hayami's swords to clash against each other. Ki then comes out of the vent behind Tsurugi to try and slash him, but Kurama saw this and threw his two saws, one above Ki and the other towards him. Ki saw this and blocks the saw, Tsurugi took the opportunity to kick Ki towards Kurama. Kurama retrieved his saws and tries to slash Ki, but Ki put his metal claws in front of him and blocks the attack. Kurama pushes onto his weapon, causing Ki to back up and Hamano tries to sideway slash him, but Ki jumped up and backflip until he is behind Hamano.

But when Ki was about to slash Hamano's back, Hamano said, "Activate drone defense 1 protocol."

The top part of the drone on his back then glowed and a forcefield appeared, causing Ki to hit it. Then in the corner of Ki's eye, he saw Leo try to stab him. So Ki sidestepped and dodges Leo's attack. Ki then slashed Leo on the arm with his weapon. Ki then kicked Leo in the stomach making him cough out blood and get sent back. A black sword beam was seen in the corner of Ki's eye and since there is a vent above him, he quickly jumped inside and avoided the sword beam.

"This guy really likes the vents," Hamano said.

"I guess he's the one to, 'vent' about his problems the most," Leo said.

"This isn't the time for puns and jokes Leo," Kurama said as he spun his saws in his hands.

Leo did a frisk face with a smile (-u-) and then serious.