Chapter 18: The Day I Met You

Athena POV:

I was walking around the park admiring my surrounding. I came across a playground and see the kids playing. I smiled as I remember something in the past.

*Flashback*

Years Ago.

Third POV:

In a playground, in a school, there was a girl playing in the sandbox alone. She had wounds on her and was getting bullied by the kids in the school. She has blue fade to cyan hair and cyan eyes. But little does she know, there was a boy who saw her by the slides. He approached to her without her noticing.

Athena's POV:

"Hey there," I heard someone said behind me.

I turned around and saw a boy with black hair and light gray eyes. He also seemed to have wounds on him.

"Uhm, hi," I replied.

"Are you alright?" the boy asked, "you seem lonely."

"I am fine," I replied.

"Where do you have any friends? where are they?" the boy asked as he looked around.

"I don't have any," I replied, "don't you have any friends that you should play with."

"Oh, I don't have any either," the boy said.

I was shocked he didn't have.

"Hey, I can be your friend," Cole said with a smile.

"Really?" I asked with a shocked expression as I got up.

"Yeah," the boy said with a reassuring smile, "I am Cole Stronghold, what's yours?"

"Uhm, My name is Athena Williams," I replied with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Athena," Cole said with a smile as he lent his hand out.

"Hai!" I said with a smile and we shook hands.

As time went by, we made multiple memories, from when we were kids until sixth grade. I remember Cole would defend me from my bullies and sometimes ended up getting hurt by his bullies. Everytime I tried to stand up for him, he tells me he should handle it himself.

"You idiot, you know you shouldn't go through that much trouble," I said as I bandaged my friend up.

"Hehe, sorry to worry you, your my friend I should stand up to you," Cole said, "Why? you worried?"

"Of course I am, idiot," I said.

"Well, at least I'm your idiot," Cole said with a smirk making me blush.

"Baka!" I said and accidently pulled the bandage hard making it tighten around Cole's arm.

"Ow," Cole said.

I realized what I did and said, "Gomenasai."

"It's alright," Cole said with a smile.

Another time, I was walking on my way back to my house with a bag with bubble tea and in the corner of my eye, I saw someone sitting in the dark alleyway. I went a little closer and saw Cole. My eyes widened with shock and I went to him.

"Cole?" I asked as I gently shook his shoulder. He woke up and looked at me.

"Athena," he said.

"What are you doing here alone?" I asked and eyed his black backpack.

"I ran away from my home," Cole replied as he looked away from me.