9. Camp Jupiter

Previously:

Annabeth's point of view
Nico lifted his hand and grabbed my wrist.
"Shh, it's okay Nico. Will is going to fix you." I whisper. But he didn't let go. His eyes opened again.

"Percy.." He mumbled. "He nearly... destroyed New Rome..." He says with a hoarse voice.

I look at him in disbelief. "What do you mean?" I breathed. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"Percy.. attacked Camp Jupiter." Nico whispers.

"What... what about the others? Jason, Hazel, Piper and Frank or Reyna?" I ask him. "Are they okay?"

But Nico was not responding. His eyes closed and he was fast asleep

Nico's point of view:

As I fell asleep my mind brought me back to what happened in camp Jupiter. Even though I wish I could just forget it all happened in the first place.

I was walking with my little sister next to me.
She had her arm around mine. Her eyes were filled with concern.

"Hazel.. what is wrong?" I asked her in hushed tones. But she pressed her lips and shook her head.

"Let's get to the others first." She answered.

I looked up and saw that we were heading to a small building. I didn't recognize it. I glanced at Hazel but she didn't seem to notice.

Not that it is unusual for the Romans to build new buildings now and then. But something was different about this one.

We walked inside and there was a big table.
Frank and Reyna were sitting at the heads of it.
There were troubled looks on their faces.

All around the table were people from the city.
And from the looks of their tattoos they are veterans. But there are also some demigods from our own age.

"It doesn't matter if we don't have the resources necessary to beat an army that large." Says a man sitting at the table.

"True. But without strategy it won't matter how much resources you have. You would still lose!" A woman sitting on the other side counters.

Frank looks up and his face softened when he saw Hazel. He nodded and leaned to his left to whisper something in Reyna's ear.

She looked up and saw us. She nodded at Frank and he left her side and walked to us.

Hazel let me go and embraced Frank.
I smiled at them. I am really happy that they are still together.

Frank let go of Hazel and greeted us with a nod.
He seemed tired. The people behind us are still arguing. I wonder what about.

Frank guided us to a small room next to the one we were standing in. He closed the door behind us.

"What is wrong?" Jason asks. He looks at Frank.

Frank sighs and gestures to the table behind us.
We sit down and Frank takes a deep breath.

"I am really glad you guys have come to us. We could use help. Since 2 days ago we couldn't get hold of camp Half-blood. We tried everything."