10. Helping out

Annabeth's point of view:

Nico was asleep.
But right before he fell asleep he told me Percy was destroying camp Jupiter. My friends are there.

"Will.. Can you let me know when he wakes?" I ask him. He was busy with a wound on Nico's side.
He nodded and I turned around and ran outside.

"Luke!" I call.

The blond boy turns around.
"Annabeth, how is Nico?" He asks.

"Will is treating his wounds. But we have another big problem." I say a little out of breath from sprinting to him and all the stuff that is happening.

"What's wrong?" He asked. His face immediately hardened.

"We need to go. Percy is attacking New Rome. The others are still there. Luke. We need to go." I tell him.

The color disappeared in Luke's face.
"Get the others. I'll go look for Chaos." He says.

I nod and turn around to see if I can see the others.
Then I remember that I could just call them through the mental link.

'Leo, Zoë, Bianca?' I say. 'We need to go. Now. Meet me at the infirmary.'

Within 30 seconds they are standing next to me asking what is happening.
I explain shortly about the information Nico had told me. It's not much. But we needed to help them.

They nodded and said nothing.

After 2 minutes Luke came walking to us with Chaos next to him. They were arguing.

"Annabeth.. please convince him that you need to stay here." Chaos tells me. I look at him confused.

"What do you mean ?! We need to help camp Jupiter." I say sternly. Chaos closes his eyes.

"You can't just rush into battle." Chaos says.

"But they are our friends and we need to help." Leo says.

"I agree with Valdez, we can't just abandon them." Bianca says.

"Chaos. We appreciate your concern. But we know the risks. We need to help." Zoë says looking determined.

Chaos looks at me and Luke.
After a couple of seconds he sighs and nods.

"Alright. But be careful. Call me when you need to come back." He says. We nod and he makes a portal for us to go through.

"Okay guys. When we get there we help the others out. When we got that under control we look for Percy. Try to knock him out. We can't have him going back to Nyx." Luke says.

We agree and we step through the portal.
When I open my eyes again I am in the middle of absolute chaos.

I grab my dagger and look around.

Monsters are everywhere.
Demigods of all ages are fighting for their lives.
Buildings are collapsed and there are cracks in the ground. Tears fill my eyes.
Oh Percy...

"There!" I hear Bianca call. She rushed off to a group fighting a couple monsters.

It's them!
I rush after Bianca. Relief is flowing through me. Sure they are hurt and the battle still isn't over. But they are alive.

"Jason!" I call out as a hellhound was about to attack him. Leo was faster. He fired.

Jason and the others turn around and smiled.
"So glad you could make it!" He said.

"How is Nico?" Hazel asked looking at Bianca.

"He is going to be fine. Will is with him." Bianca tells her. She smiled and they gave each other a quick hug.