The Plan (12)

Hey peeps! 

Welcome to yet another chapter! I've had a lot of more time on my hands and I'm happy to share another piece of the story with all of you! 

I don't own tloz characters but the rest of them are mine as well as the plot. Please comment, share and vote! 

PM is also open for anyone who wants to talk about anything, I like making new friends! 

The word count for this chapter excluding the author's notes is 1222 words. 

Please enjoy!

-West

Link kicked a flower patch as he walked through the castle gardens. His life plans were now ruined. If only he had met Gordon a day before, he would be far away from Hyrule. His siblings were depending on him even if they knew it or not. 

"My my...someone is in a bad mood."

Link looked up to see Prince Loticus sitting casually yet again on the castle wall. He smirked before he slid down and kicked off of the wall to land in front of Link similarly as he had the last time. 

"Hello my friend," he said as he approached Link with an outstretched hand, "I'm not the kind who acts sorrow towards a good sparring rival." 

"It's good to see you Loticus. Link smiled as he shook his hand. "It's impressive that you could interpret my mood so quickly."

"It's written all over your face," Cobalt replied with a frown. "What troubles you?"

 Link hesitated. "I'm feeling very trapped at the moment."

"Trapped you say...is that all the cause of your worries?"

"I suppose. You cousin is causing me much grief I must say."

"Her highness the Princess? Ha! It amuses me the way you mention her so casually."

"Her highness has appointed me as her knight."

"Is that why you feel trapped, Sir Link?"

They began to stroll the garden together, "yes. I have some business in Termina, but now I cannot truly leave. Not since I have been appointed her personal protective knight."

"Ah," the prince smiled to himself, "any knight would be grateful for such an opportunity to have such an important role, and I apologize for your new assignment."

Link looked at Cobalt suddenly, "how could such a change in rank be your doing?" 

Cobalt hesitated. "You see, the person I care for most is my cousin, princess Zelda. Frequently she tells me how much she wants to see the outside world and learn of Hyrule's people. She is tired of her princess duties that she despises so much. It is as though she was meant to be a peasant, but instead was born into a princess body." 

"What does this have to do with my new assignment?"

Cobalt glanced nervously at Link, "well you see, I happened to be passing by when her father, his highness the King, had called her into his office and began to describe his disappointment of how she had left the castle unattended yet again."

He must be referring to when Zelda had her meeting with me outside the castle, Link thought. 

"And so I offered a solution," Cobalt continued. "I suggested that a knight could be assigned to her so that whenever she left the castle she would have the protection she needed. I knew that the King knew that he wouldn't be able to keep Zelda inside the castle, so assigning someone to protect her would be the safest way to proceed forward."