Chapter 37

I understand your point of view too. But guys try to understand Karan's too.

He lost his elder son because of a girl and now when his younger son is doing the same, he is scared and hurt. And on top of that he comes to know his daughter hid this from him. It was sudden response to the situation.

And talking about behaving rude with Malhotra's. Karan said this as he didn't want to say something bad to Manik. He was angry and he knew it too. I hope you guys think from Karan's point of view too.

---------

Malhotra Mansion, MaNan's Room

Nandini was laying in Manik's arms hugging him tightly as if he will vanish. It was night and they were trying to sleep. Manik's hand was running in her hairs and soon he stopped and looked at her.

Manik: You okay?

Nandini: I will be okay. I will try to talk to Appa. He was angry yesterday but he is Appa. I know he will listen to us once his anger calmed down.

Manik: (smile) Yes, That's like Mrs.Malhotra! (after a pause) I told you, Aryaman should have talked to him before.

Nandini: I know, Manik. But he was scared, Manik. He wanted time. He would have confessed calmly.

Manik: But Appa came to know it from office staff before he could confess.

Nandini nodded and he again started caressing her hairs slowly.

Manik: Appa is also not wrong. I understand his insecurities.

Nandini: He is not but he shouldn't have beat Bhai.

She was almost in tears remembering the red marks on his brother's face and arms.

Manik: (sigh) I agree he shouldn't have beat Aryaman. But we can't blame him, Nandini. He lost his one son and he didn't want to loss another. As a man, if in future we will have children and they will do something like this, even I would react the same way. Maybe I won't raise my hands but I would be equally angry.

Nandini didn't say a word and Manik sighed. He pulled her above himself and she stared at him.

Manik: Kya soch rahi ho? Mai hu na! Sab theek kar dunga. Trust me.

Nandini: I trust you.

He smiled and she hugged him again.

Manik: and I love you

Instead of replying she placed her lips on his one day stubble. She sucked his skin a bit and he took a deep breathe. His holds on her waist tighten more.

Manik: Stop!

Nandini smiled and placed a kiss on his chin. She rubbed her cheek on his and he sighed.

Manik: You will be my death one day!

Nandini giggled and he smiled kissing her head. Silence prevailed until he felt her hand running on his stubble again, this time lazily.

Nandini: Manik

Manik: Ji

Nandini: (looking at him) Appa Maan jayega na?

Manik: (softly cupping her cheek) Apko kya lagta hai?

Nandini: I guess he will.

Manik: Toh bas, Keep trust on me and Yourself. Agar nahi maane toh hum aur mehnat karege aur mnayege.

Nandini: Hmm, Abhi bhai messaged?

Manik: (sigh) Yes, He is staying in Sunshine Hotel.

Nandini: Appa is angry with him.