Chapter 56

As Manik and Nandini reached Malhotra Mansion they were silently hoping for all the family members to be asleep or atleast be in their rooms.

But their hopes came crashing down when they saw Raj, Cabir and Mukti standing at the gate with Niyonika at a side. It looked like they were waiting for them only.

Nandini hid behind him since she thought Raj won't like her short dress while Manik sighed.

Manik: Seriously?

He rolled his eyes as their eyes twinkled the next moment.

Mukti: Where did you both go?

Cabir: Enjoy kiya?

Raj: Bahu ko achi jagah toh leke gaya tha?

Manik palmed his face as Nandini's eyes widen. Niyonika gave them a "I tried distracting them" look and held her ears. Manik shooked his head and turned to the other three.

Manik: We just went out for dinner. Now shall I share the details?

Their face redden in embarrassment and the next moment they all ran to the living area. Manik held Nandini's hand and brought her in front of himself.

Manik: (softly) Nandini

Nandini: I know I Don't need to hide but he is my father in law and truth won't change. He might not like me wearing western.

He was about to argue but she pressed his hand and he sighed. They walked upstairs and after freshening up came downstairs.

As they moved in the living area they saw Niyonika talking over the phone. Listening her conversation they came to know it was Ayesha, Nandini's mother.

Niyonika: (on call) Par Ayesha ji, Aise kaise? Ji hum dekhte hai. Ayesha ji. Ji theek hai. Ji.

She hung up the call after a minute and looked at everyone.

Niyonika: Raj, Ayesha ji was asking us to shift to Murty Mansion since we have renovation work going on. I am sorry I told her yes without asking you.

Raj: It is okay. Your decision or mine. Doesn't matter because we both are equal.

Niyonika: (smile) Ayesha ji was telling me Aryaman met both Manik and Nandini and invited us to stay there. Ayesha ji knew we won't agree like that so she herself called.

Nandini: (smiling widely) So we are gonna shift there?

Niyonika nodded and Nandini smiled more. She looked at Manik excitedly and he smiled seeing her excitement. A part of him feeling guilty again that she was staying away from her family because of him and his family.

He kissed her head not caring about the family members stare and she looked at him with wide eyes.

However they didn't make any comment on it and continued talking.

Manik: Dad, Maa actually while we were out we saw a small boy and...

Manik stopped not knowing what to say while others frowned except Nandini.

Raj: What happened, Manik?

Nandini: Dad, we met a boy. (slowly) His name was Chotu and he was just 14 years old working on a stall.

Mukti: 14 years old?

Nandini nodded and silence prevailed around them. They knew where it was heading.

Cabir: But Bhabhi, Bhai what can we do for him?

Manik: We promised him that we will make his life better. He wants to be a doctor and we, me and Nandini we want to do this.