Chapter 15.

Note to self: Keep on pushing, and never give up... no matter how challenging it gets.

15.

"So, has he told anybody anything?" I asked Veronica.

"Nope... I don't think he will. He's barely around haven't you noticed?" She asked.

"Yea.. he's not." I smiled to myself.

Once Upon a Summer

He promised to keep her secret, at least he stayed truthful.

"I heard he lives alone in a separate cabin away from every one, with its own bathroom and  kitchen." She explained.

I've seen it.

"Also, I heard he gets up at 5 am every morning and chills at the lake. He gets so many privileges." She said.

And so I've seen.

 That prick.

"Can you two shut up!" Vanessa yelled from her bed.

"Can't you understand that it's 2 am in the morning? What the hell guys." She grumbled before going back to sleep.

"Mean, grumpy bitch," Veronica whispered.

"Hahaha." I giggled.

I didn't know where my relationship with Veronica stood, or if we even had one but I refused to believe that Matteo was right.

I walked into the cafeteria earlier than usual, no one was there. I was hoping to find Dylan but I saw his partner, Chantel instead.

She was wearing earphones, dancing as she wiped the tables.

I just stood there... awkwardly.

Conscious: Wave... get her attention.

Sadly before I could, Kimberly and Vanessa approached the poor girl first.

"You brat! Why didn't our donuts have any cream?!" Kimberly yelled as she slammed the table.

Chantel took some time to take off her earphones and put her wipe away before assisting the girls.

"Can I help you?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"You didn't put cream on our donuts... I thought we ordered them." Vanessa placed her hands on her hips.

"Because I didn't want to. You two don't pay for the cream so please don't order any." She said.

"Sorry, what did this slave just say?" Kimberly turned to Vanessa and asked.

"You're not the one providing the food, or drinks around here so the next time you make an order be sure to pay." She smiled. She looked so confident. She wasn't afraid of getting slapped?

Split seconds after I thought her getting slapped, Kimberly slapped her cheek. It was a bitter slap and I could tell it hurt pretty bad.

Then Vanessa pushed her to the floor and she fell all over the trash.

She was strong, I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"Don't try to stand up to me, you're nothing but a black slave," Kimberly said.

I had enough.

"Chantel is her name Cucumberly. She's not a slave. Just because she's volunteered to help out around here doesn't mean she's any less then you are." I stood in front of Kimberly, daring her to slap me.