Chapter 30.

Note to self: Better oops than what if.

30.

Once Upon a Summer

Please Play: Cover us by Natalie Taylor.

I watched as the caterpillar was now in its coma, soon it would change, becoming something so beautiful.

I stared at the moon ring he had given me last night. It fit my finger perfectly, it was so special to me and the moment we had in his cabin was...

So damn beautiful.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Veronica asked quietly.

"Sure," I said, tapping my bed for her to sit.

She walked over to my bed and sat down.

She stared at the floor, folding her hands.

"I don't even know where to start. When I heard your speech I realized what a fool I am... I'm... so... sorry." She cried.

I gave her a hug, trying to comfort her as I always have.

"I can't believe I compared you to Kimberly, you're the only person that has been here for me since this pregnancy. Even my own sister hates me now because I'm pregnant." She explained.

She hadn't done an abortion?

"Awww I'm so sorry V." I frowned, everything was my fault, she was gonna make me start crying.

"No, it was my stupid decision. I shouldn't have slept with him, Emilia. He's an abusive cheater. I just don't want to be a single parent." Her crying increased as she sobbed and sobbed.

"I'll forgive you as long as you forgive me. I was supposed to tell the difference between you and your sister, but that day I was confused and frustrated. I never meant to call you careless or judge you, I just wanted to help you." I explained.

"I forgive you." She smiled. "Let's move past this, I'm tired of the drama."

"Besties?" I asked.

"Sisters." She said, giving me a hug.

Sisters

I loved that.

"And since you're keeping the baby, I'm ready to help you in any way I can, we're in this together," I said, holding her hands.

Together

She smiled at the thought.

At The Crib

"Hey, guys." I and Veronica walked in, greeting everyone as we sat down.

"Hey, you two besties are back?" Chantel asked.

We both nodded, looking at each other.

"Aye. That's good!" Chantel gave us high fives.

"Where were you yesterday?" Madison asked.

"Just working on the project with Matteo."