Chapter 25.

Note to Self: After letting go of your past, you'll find peace...

25.

Once Upon a Summer

"Hey, can I have the white chocolate chips?" I asked Madison.

She grabbed them from Chantel; who was dumping m&m's in her caramel hot chocolate frappe.

"Thanks," I said taking them from her and sprinkling them all over my whipping cream.

"Hey Dylan, you know you're supposed to put whipping cream after you make the frappe not before," Madison said.

"Yea I know but I like to put whipping cream first so it can be super creamy." He explained.

"Ohhhh." All of us responded.

It was a smart idea.

Please Play: Future signs by Fleurie

Here we were, the four of us, making our hot chocolate caramel frappe with any candy topping of our choice.

"Hey, who took the toffee?" Madison asked, looking around.

"Girl, those were finished days ago," Chantel said.

Madison frowned, taking caramel bits and sprinkling them on instead.

Afterward, everyone grabbed their drinks, along with their chips and snacks.

Me and Madison "the salt girls" Chantel and Dylan named us, grabbed different bags of chips, dumping them into one giant bowl.

Flaming hot Cheetos, Cheesy, Spicy Doritos, Barbecue Chips, Sour Cream Pringles.

Meanwhile, Dylan and Chantel grabbed skittles, Oreos, jolly ranchers, rieces-pieces, Milky Way, Twix bars, Kit-Kat bars, sneakers.

We'd found a new hangout behind the cafeteria, luckily with the help of Dylan's few friends, we were able to set up the place with lights and clear the vines and bushes. It was so beautiful at night.

We named the hangout Avengers Crib.

Still very cheesy but I liked it.

"Cheers to Emilia and her great speech," Dylan said raising his drink in the middle as the rest of us joined in.

"Cheers!" Everyone said, taking sips of our drinks.

HEAVEN ON EARTH.

"Oh my gosh did you see Kimberly's face the entire time? She was so freaking angry!" Madison laughed.

"I saw Veronica and Vanessa's faces, they seemed confused," Chantel said.

Sadly, I wasn't sure I and Veronica were friends anymore, I told her that I was sorry in the best way I could and if she didn't accept my apology then she didn't have hope and trust in me at all.

"Kimberly always said that I never knew my place and that I'm some creepy bookworm, but sadly she was wrong." I smiled, feeling good about where I've come from up to this point.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for ever calling you that love, you're far from that." Madison touched my hand from across the table.

"Don't worry about it, it's all in the past now." I smiled.

"I used to think you were an annoying slut," Dylan confessed to Madison.

"You, what now!?" She threw chips at his face.

"Ahaha I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He chuckled, covering his face with a chips bag as some type of defense.

We were gathered around laughing and joking. The evening sky was dark blue and the stars began to show.