Chapter 12.

Note to self: Every decision that is made came with a choice. Making the wrong choices leads to wrong decisions and situations. (always think twice)

12.

I woke up in the morning at 4:43 am, assuming that Veronica was crying again. To my expectations,... She was.

Here we go again.

Once Upon a Summer

At least I wasn't so scared this time.

I sat by the side of her bed, leaned in, and gave her a hug.

"I- I can't keep this to myself anymore." She hesitated to say.

"Okay then, tell me," I told her.

"Not even my sister knows this. You can't tell anyone okay." She warned.

"I promise. It's not my place to tell." I told her.

"You're right, it's not so don't." She said.

She finally leaned in and whispered.

"I'm... I'm three days..."

Don't say pregnant... don't you dare say you're pregnant?

"Pregna-"

"Oh, my gosh." I didn't even let her finish. I covered my mouth with my hands as my eyes widened in shock.

"I knew it, after Kimberly I'm the worst human being in this place." She cried even more.

 Yea, you only figured that out now?

I refuse to be rude or mean in this situation.

"What were you thinking? Where did it happen?" I asked her.

"I don't know okay. I thought I was on the pill. It happened at the bonfire." She explained in little sobs as tears ran down her cheeks.

That stupid bonfire. 

"Vanessa-"

"It's Veronica." She corrected.

"This is a big situation, if anybody hears about this you could be sentenced to doom." I told her.

Conscious: Don't you think she knows that?

"You don't think I know that?!" She stood up walking out of the room. I followed.

We sat on the front lawn and continued to talk.

"How do you know?" I asked. She might not even be pregnant.

"I took the test, they had one at the pharmacy. I stole it though."

How the hell??? This is crazy.

"Okay, okay. It's okay, everything is gonna be okay." I told her.

 I hope.

"You're right it will. I'm gonna do an abortion and forget about this shit." She said.

WHAAAT!

She was about to stand up but I pulled her arm back down.

"You cannot do that! You hear me? You... you'll throw a life away." I begged.

Conscious: You don't think she knows that?

"You don't think I know that?" She pulled her arm back by force and went back inside.

Ahhhhh errrrr.

She can't do that! It'll be too devastating.

I pushed my hand through my hair and shook my head, thinking of what to do. I sighed, deciding, to go for a walk through the forest.